The Nutrition Transition and Indicators of Child Malnutrition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abay Asfaw, 2011. "Does consumption of processed foods explain disparities in the body weight of individuals? The case of Guatemala," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 184-195, February.
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- de Haen, Hartwig & Klasen, Stephan & Qaim, Matin, 2011.
"What do we really know? Metrics for food insecurity and undernutrition,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 760-769.
- Hartwig de Haen & Stephan Klasen & Matin Qaim, 2011. "What do we really know? Metrics for food insecurity and undernutrition," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 88, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Rischke, Ramona & Simon, Chege Kimenju & Matin, Qaim & Stephan, Klasen, 2014. "Supermarkets and the Nutrition Transition in Kenya," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 163212, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Corinna Hawkes, 2008. "Dietary Implications of Supermarket Development: A Global Perspective," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(6), pages 657-692, November.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 2009. "Do Supermarkets Change the Food Policy Agenda?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1812-1819, November.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Sebastian Vollmer, "undated".
"Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in Africa,"
UNDP Africa Policy Notes
2012-013, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Vollmer, Sebastian, 2012. "Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in Africa," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 130164, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Stephan Klasen, 2008.
"Poverty, undernutrition, and child mortality: Some inter-regional puzzles and their implicationsfor research and policy,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(1), pages 89-115, March.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2006. "Poverty, Undernutrition, and Child Mortality: Some Inter-Regional Puzzles and their Implications for Research and Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 2509, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Klasen, Stephan, 2007. "Poverty, Undernutrition, and Child Mortality: Some Inter-Regional Puzzles and their Implications for Research and Policy," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 17, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Stephan Klasen, 2007. "Poverty, Undernutrition, and Child Mortality: Some Inter-Regional Puzzles and their Implications for Research and Policy," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 156, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Smith, Lisa C & Haddad, Lawrence, 2002. "How Potent Is Economic Growth in Reducing Undernutrition? What Are the Pathways of Impact? New Cross-Country Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 55-76, October.
- Roemling, Cornelia & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Obesity Trends, Determinants and Policy Implications in Indonesia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126208, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sonalde Desai & Soumya Alva, 1998. "Maternal education and child health: Is there a strong causal relationship?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(1), pages 71-81, February.
- Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2012.
"Parental Education and Child Health—Understanding the Pathways of Impact in Pakistan,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 2014-2032.
- Monazza Aslam & Geeta Kingdon, 2010. "Parental Education and Child Health - Understanding the Pathways of Impact in Pakistan," CSAE Working Paper Series 2010-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Abay Asfaw, 2008. "Does Supermarket Purchase Affect the Dietary Practices of Households? Some Empirical Evidence from Guatemala," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(2), pages 227-243, March.
- Pingali, Prabhu, 2007.
"Westernization of Asian diets and the transformation of food systems: Implications for research and policy,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 281-298, June.
- Prabhu Pingali, 2004. "Westernization of Asian Diets and the Transformation of Food Systems: Implications for research and policy," Working Papers 04-17, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Barry Popkin & Shu Wen Ng, 2007. "The nutrition transition in high‐ and low‐income countries: what are the policy lessons?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 199-211, December.
- Haddad, Lawrence, 2013. "How should nutrition be positioned in the post-2015 agenda?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 341-352.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; International Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gagfdp:195709. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iagoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.