Econometric Analysis of the Effects of Subsidies on Farm Production in Case of Endogenous Input Quantities
The effect of subsidies on farm production has been a major topic in agricultural economics for several decades. We present a new approach for analyzing the effects of different types of coupled and decoupled subsidies on farm production with econometric methods. In contrast to most previous studies, our approach is entirely based on a theoretical microeconomic model, explicitly allows subsidies to have an impact on input use, and takes linkages between the farm and the farm household into account.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dewbre, Joe & Mishra, Ashok K., 2007.
"Impact of Program Payments on Time Allocation and Farm Household Income,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(03), pages 489-505, December.
- Dewbre, Joe & Mishra, Ashok K., 2007. "Impact of Program Payments on Time Allocation and Farm Household Income," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 39(03), December.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Carlos San Juan Mesonada & Stefan Sperlich & Carmen Murillo & Werner Kleinhans, 2005.
"Efficiency, subsidies and environmental adaptation of animal farming under CAP,"
- Werner Kleinhanß & Carmen Murillo & Carlos San Juan & Stefan Sperlich, 2007. "Efficiency, subsidies, and environmental adaptation of animal farming under CAP," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(1), pages 49-65, 01.
- David Hadley, 2006. "Patterns in Technical Efficiency and Technical Change at the Farm-level in England and Wales, 1982-2002," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 81-100, 03.
- Frisvold, George B., 1994. "Does supervision matter? Some hypothesis tests using Indian farm-level data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 217-238, April.
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Richard Schoney & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 1999.
"Technical Efficiency, Technological Change and Output Growth of Wheat Farms in Saskatchewan,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(4), pages 468-469, December.
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Richard Schoney & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2001. "Technical Efficiency, Technological Change and Output Growth of Wheat Farms in Saskatchewan," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 49(2), pages 135-152, 07.
- Joe Dewbre, 2006. "The Impact of Coupled and Decoupled Government Subsidies on Off-Farm Labor Participation of U.S. Farm Operators," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 393-408.
- Balestra, Pietro & Varadharajan-Krishnakumar, Jayalakshmi, 1987. "Full Information Estimations of a System of Simultaneous Equations with Error Component Structure," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 223-246, April.
- Dimitris Skuras & Kostas Tsekouras & Efthalia Dimara & Dimitris Tzelepis, 2006. "The Effects of Regional Capital Subsidies on Productivity Growth: A Case Study of the Greek Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 355-381.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 1984. "Estimating labor supply and production decisions of self-employed farm producers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 61-82.
- Ashok K. Mishra & Barry K. Goodwin, 1997. "Farm Income Variability and the Supply of Off-Farm Labor," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 880-887.
- Guan Zhengfei & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2006. "The Source of Productivity Growth in Dutch Agriculture: A Perspective from Finance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 644-656.
- Christian H.C.A. Henning & Arne Henningsen, 2007. "Modeling Farm Households' Price Responses in the Presence of Transaction Costs and Heterogeneity in Labor Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 665-681.
- Hisham El-Osta & Ashok Mishra & Mary Ahearn, 2004. "Labor Supply by Farm Operators Under “Decoupled” Farm Program Payments," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 367-385, 08.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Alexander Sarris, 2005. "Measuring and explaining scale efficiency with the parametric approach: the case of Greek tobacco growers," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(s3), pages 441-451, November.
- Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin, 2000. "A Stochastic Frontier Approach to Firm Level Efficiency, Technological Change, and Productivity during the Early Transition in Hungary," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 473-501, September.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-498, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:114548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.