Agent-Based Modelling and Sensitivity Analysis by Experimental Design and Metamodelling: An Application to Modelling Regional Structural Change
This paper presents the application of the sensitivity analysis techniques Design of Experiments (DOE) and metamodelling to the agent-based model AgriPoliS, which is a spatial and dynamic simulation model of regional structural change. DOE and metamodelling provide a more systematic analysis of results of complex simulation models. When summarising the results, it becomes clear that interest rates, technical change and managerial ability influence average economic land rent the most.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.eaae.org|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Happe, Kathrin & Balmann, Alfons & Kellermann, Konrad, 2004. "The agricultural policy simulator (AgriPoliS): an agent-based model to study structural change in agriculture (Version 1.0)," IAMO Discussion Papers 71, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1999. "Validation of Models : Statistical Techniques and Data Availability," Discussion Paper 1999-104, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1999. "Validation of models : Statistical techniques and data availability," Other publications TiSEM f2238bd9-e4c9-430a-96f2-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Balmann, Alfons, 1997. "Farm-Based Modelling of Regional Structural Change: A Cellular Automata Approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 85-108.
- Balmann, Alfons & Happe, Kathrin & Kellermann, Konrad & Kleingarn, Anne, 2001.
"Adjustment Costs Of Agri-Environmental Policy Switchings - A Multi-Agent Approach,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20506, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alfons Balmann, Kathrin Happe, Konrad Kellermann, Anne Kleingarn, 2001. "Adjustment Costs of Agri-Environmental Policy Switchings: A Multi-Agent Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 148, Society for Computational Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae05:24464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.