Economic Development and Food Demand in Central and Eastern European Countries: The Case of Romania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Awudu Abdulai, 2002. "Household Demand for Food in Switzerland. A Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(I), pages 1-18, March.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2008. "Rural-Urban Poverty Differences in Transition Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2170-2187, November.
- D Moro & P Sckokai, 2000. "Heterogeneous preferences in household food consumption in Italy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 305-323, September.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-383, June.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-597, June.
- Brian P. Poi, 2012. "Easy demand-system estimation with quaids," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(3), pages 433-446, September.
- Hubbard, Carmen & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2007. "Romania's accession to the EU: Short-term welfare effects on food consumers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 128-140, February.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- David E. Sahn, 2005. "Consistent Estimation of Censored Demand Systems Using Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 660-672.
- Brian P. Poi, 2008. "Demand-system estimation: Update," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 554-556, December.
- John L. Park & Rodney B. Holcomb & Kellie Curry Raper & Oral Capps, 1996. "A Demand Systems Analysis of Food Commodities by U.S. Households Segmented by Income," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 290-300.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zsombor Cseres-Gergely & Gyorgy Molnar & Tibor Szabo, 2017. "Expenditure responses, policy interventions and heterogeneous welfare effects in Hungary during the 2000s," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1704, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Hoang, Hoa & Meyers, William H., 2015. "Rice demand in Vietnam: Dietary changes and implications for policy," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196621, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Molnár, György & Cseres-Gergely, Zsombor & Szabó, Tibor, 2016. "Pénzt vagy életet?. Empirikus eredmények néhány gazdaságpolitikai beavatkozás heterogén jóléti hatásairól [For money or for life?. Empirical findings on the heterogenous welfare effects of some eco," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 901-943.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rizov, Marian & Marian, Anrej & Pokrivcak, Jan, 2014. "Food demand and consumption patters in the new EU member states: The case of Slovakia," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182825, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Marian Rizov & Andrej Cupak & Jan Pokrivcak, 2015.
"Food security and household consumption patterns in Slovakia,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
36015, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Rizoc, Marian & Cupak, Andrej & Pokrivcak, Jan, 2015. "Food Security and household consumption patterns in Slovakia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211553, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Andrej Cupák & Peter Tóth, 2017. "Measuring the Efficiency of VAT reforms: Evidence from Slovakia," Working and Discussion Papers WP 6/2017, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Pokrivcak, Jan & Cupak, Andrej & Rizov, Marian, 2015. "Household food security and consumption patterns in Central and Eastern Europe: the Case of Slovakia," 2015 Fourth Congress, June 11-12, 2015, Ancona, Italy 207287, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Marian Rizov & Anrej Cupak & Jan Pokrivcak, 2014. "Food demand patters in the new EU member states: The case of Slovakia," EcoMod2014 6959, EcoMod.
- Pangaribowo, Evita Hanie & Tsegai, Daniel W., 2011. "Food Demand Analysis of Indonesian Households with Particular Attention to the Poorest," Discussion Papers 116748, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Lara Cockx & Nathalie Francken & Hannah Pieters, 2015. "Food and nutrition security in the European Union: Overview and case studies," FOODSECURE Working papers 31, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Bopape, Lesiba, 2006. "Heterogeneity of Household Food Expenditure Patterns in South Africa," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21300, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gould, Brian W. & Dong, Diansheng, 2004.
"Product Quality And The Demand For Food: The Case Of Urban China,"
2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO
20010, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dong, Diansheng & Gould, Brian W., 2007. "Product Quality and the Demand for Food: The Case of Urban China," 2007: China's Agricultural Trade: Issues and Prospects Symposium, July 2007, Beijing, China 55030, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Julia Bronnmann & Stefan Guettler & Jens-Peter Loy, 2019. "Efficiency of correction for sample selection in QUAIDS models: an example for the fish demand in Germany," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 57(4), pages 1469-1493, October.
- Abiodun Elijah Obayelu & V.O. Okoruwa & O.I.Y. Ajani, 2009. "Cross-sectional analysis of food demand in the North Central, Nigeria: The quadratic almost ideal demand system (QUAIDS) approach," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 173-193, January.
- Korir, Lilian & Rizov, Marian & Ruto, Eric, 2020.
"Food security in Kenya: Insights from a household food demand model,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 99-108.
- Korir, Lilian & Rizov, Marian & Ruto, Eric, 2020. "Food security in Kenya: Insights from a household food demand model," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 99-108.
- Madan Mohan Dey & Yolanda T. Garcia & Kumar Praduman & Somying Piumsombun & Muhammad Sirajul Haque & Luping Li & Alias Radam & Athula Senaratne & Nguyen Tri Khiem & Sonny Koeshendrajana, 2008.
"Demand for fish in Asia: a cross-country analysis ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 321-338, September.
- Dey, Madan Mohan & Garcia, Yolanda T. & Kumar, Praduman & Piumsombun, Somying & Haque, Muhammad Sirajul & Li, Luping & Radam, Alias & Senaratne, Athula & Khiem, Nguyen Tri & Koeshendrajana, Sonny, 2008. "Demand for fish in Asia: a cross-country analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 1-18.
- Paula Carvalho Pereda & Denisard Cneio de Oliveira Alves, 2008. "Demand for Nutrients in Brazil," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211136590, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:2:y:2014:i:1:p:1-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steele, Marie & Weatherspoon, Dave, 2016. "Demand for Varied Fruit and Vegetable Colors," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235912, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bruno Palialol & Paula Pereda, 2019. "In-kind transfers in Brazil: household consumption and welfare effects," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2019_26, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Braha, Kushtrim & Cupak, Andrej & Qineti, Artan & Pokrivcak, Jan, 2018. "Food Demand System in Transition Economies: Evidence from Kosovo," 162nd Seminar, April 26-27, 2018, Budapest, Hungary 272050, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Surabhi Mittal, 2010. "Application of the Quaids Model to the Food Sector in India," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), pages 42-54, January.
- repec:spr:hecrev:v:2:y:2014:i:1:p:1-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Savage, 2016. "Indirect tax reform and the specification of demand: the case of Ireland," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(2), pages 368-399, April.
- Lyssiotou, Panayiota & Pashardes, Panos & Stengos, Thanasis, 2002. "Nesting quadratic logarithmic demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 369-374, August.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand and Price Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-12-08 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa142:168929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.