Demand for food in Ondo state, Nigeria: Using quadratic almost ideal demand system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deaton, Angus, 1988. "Quality, Quantity, and Spatial Variation of Price," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 418-430, June.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-383, June.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Darrough, Masako N & Diewert, W E, 1977. "Flexible Functional Forms and Expenditure Distributions: An Application to Canadian Consumer Demand Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(3), pages 651-675, October.
- Brian P. Poi, 2012. "Easy demand-system estimation with quaids," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(3), pages 433-446, September.
- J. V. Meenakshi & Ranjan Ray, 1999.
"Regional differences in India's food expenditure pattern: a complete demand systems approach,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 47-74.
- Meenakshi, J.V. & Ray, R., 1996. "Regional Differences in India's Food Expenditure Pattern: A Complete Demand Systems Approach," Papers 1996-06, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Douglas Fisher & Adrian R. Fleissig & Apostolos Serletis, 2006.
"An Empirical Comparison of Flexible Demand System Functional Forms,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Money And The Economy, chapter 13, pages 247-277
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Douglas Fisher & Adrian R. Fleissig & Apostolos Serletis, 2001. "An empirical comparison of flexible demand system functional forms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 59-80.
- Barnett, William A & Lee, Yul W, 1985. "The Global Properties of the Miniflex Laurent, Generalized Leontief, and Translog Flexible Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1421-1437, November.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Krishna Pendakur, 1998. "Semiparametric estimation and consumer demand," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 435-461.
- Taljaard, Pieter R. & Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2004. "The demand for meat in South Africa: An almost ideal estimation," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(4), December.
- Bentley, Margaret E. & Pelto, Gretel H., 1991. "The household production of nutrition: Introduction," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1101-1102, January.
- Barnett, William A & Choi, Seungmook, 1989. "A Monte Carlo Study of Tests of Blockwise Weak Separability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 363-377, July.
- Brian W. Gould & Hector J. Villarreal, 2006. "An assessment of the current structure of food demand in urban China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 1-16, January.
- D Moro & P Sckokai, 2000. "Heterogeneous preferences in household food consumption in Italy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(3), pages 305-323, September.
- Taljaard, Pieter R., 2003. "Econometric Estimation Of The Demand For Meat In South Africa," Master's Degree Theses 28066, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kane Gilles Quentin & Tene Gwladys Laure Mabah & Ambagna Jean Joël & Piot-Lepetit Isabelle & Sikod Fondo, 2015. "The Impact of Food Price Volatility on Consumer Welfare in Cameroon," WIDER Working Paper Series 013, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nakakeeto, Gertrude & Chidmi, Benaissa, 2016. "An Almost Ideal Demand Estimation for Seafood in Texas," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230142, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsAIDS; QUAIDS; Elasticity; Expenditure; Food Demand and Household.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etr:series:v:4:y:2013:i:1:p:001-019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.