A Linear Inverse Demand System
We present an inverse demand that can be estimated in a linear form. The model is derived from a specification of the distance function which is parametrically similar to the cost function underlying the Almost Ideal Demand System. Simulation results suggest that this linear inverse demand system has good approximation properties.
Volume (Year): 17 (1992)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanoch, Giora, 1978. "Symmetric Duality and Polar Production Functions," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 2 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Eales, James S. & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 1994.
"The inverse almost ideal demand system,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 101-115, January.
- Giancarlo Moschini & Karl D. Meilke, 1989.
"Modeling the Pattern of Structural Change in U.S. Meat Demand,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 253-261.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Meilke, Karl D., 1989. "Modeling the Pattern of Structural Change in U.S. Meat Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11266, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1987. "Aids, translog, and the Gorman polar form," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 161-163.
- Wales, T. J., 1984. "A note on likelihood ratio tests of functional form and structural change in demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 213-220.
- Gould, Brian W. & Cox, Thomas L. & Perali, Carlo Federico, 1990. "The Demand For Fluid Milk Products In The U.S.: A Demand Systems Approach," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Christensen, Laurits R. & Manser, Marilyn E., 1977. "Estimating U.S. consumer preferences for meat with a flexible utility function," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 37-53, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30954. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.