Consumers' Decision between Private Labels and National Brands in a Retailer's Store: A Mixed Multinomial Logit Application
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- André Bonfrer & Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 2004. "Store Brands: Who Buys Them and What Happens to Retail Prices When They Are Introduced?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(2), pages 195-218, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Jean-Pierre Dubé & Matthew Gentzkow & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2015.
"Do Pharmacists Buy Bayer? Informed Shoppers and the Brand Premium,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 130(4), pages 1669-1726.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Jean-Pierre Dubé & Matthew Gentzkow & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2014. "Do Pharmacists Buy Bayer? Informed Shoppers and the Brand Premium," NBER Working Papers 20295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rainer Olbrich & Michael Hundt & Hans Christian Jansen, 2016. "Proliferation of Private Labels in Food Retailing: A Literature Overview," International Journal of Marketing Studies, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(6), pages 63-76, December.
- Johnson, Rutherford Cd., 3. "A Probabilistic Demand Application In The American Cracker Market," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4(3).
- Bergès, Fabian & Monier-Dilhan, Sylvette, 2012. "Mass Retailers’ Advertising Strategies Faced with Different Competitor Store Formats: Commodity Stores or Hard Discounts," TSE Working Papers 12-277, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Fabian Bergès & Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache, 2012.
"Is producing a private label counterproductive for a branded manufacturer?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 213-239.
- Bergès, Fabian & Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra, 2009. "Is Producing a Private Label Counterproductive for a Branded Manufacturer?," TSE Working Papers 09-130, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Fabian Bergès & Sylvette Monier-Dilhan, 2013. "Mass Retailers' Advertising Strategies Against Commodity Stores," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2968-2981.
More about this item
KeywordsBrands; consumers' choice; mixed logit model; willingness to pay.; Consumer/Household Economics; D12; L81; Q13;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa103:9407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .