Impact of Land Ownership on Productivity and Efficiency of Rice Farmers: A Simulated Maximum Likelihood Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Federico Belotti & Silvio Daidone & Giuseppe Ilardi & Vincenzo Atella, 2013. "Stochastic frontier analysis using Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(4), pages 718-758, December.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Hayami, Yujiro, 1988. "Theories of Share Tenancy: A Critical Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 31-68, October.
- Childs, Nathan W. & Dyck, John H. & Hansen, James M., 2013. "Southeast Asia Projected To Remain Top Rice Exporter," Amber Waves:The Economics of Food, Farming, Natural Resources, and Rural America, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, pages 1-11, February.
- Abdulai, Awudu & Owusu, Victor & Goetz, Renan, 2011. "Land tenure differences and investment in land improvement measures: Theoretical and empirical analyses," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 66-78, September.
- Mariano, Marc Jim & Villano, Renato A. & Fleming, Euan M. & Acda, Rachelle, 2010. "Metafrontier Analysis Of Farm-Level Efficiencies And Environmental-Technology Gaps In Philippine Rice Farming," 2010 Conference (54th), February 10-12, 2010, Adelaide, Australia 59099, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Renato Villano & Euan Fleming, 2006. "Technical Inefficiency and Production Risk in Rice Farming: Evidence from Central Luzon Philippines," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Chieko Umetsu & Thamana Lekprichakul & Ujjayant Chakravorty, 2003. "Efficiency and Technical Change in the Philippine Rice Sector: A Malmquist Total Factor Productivity Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 943-963.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Koirala, Krishna H. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Mohanty, Samarendu, 2014. "Determinants of Rice Productivity and Technical Efficiency in the Philippines," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162501, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Mamiit, Rusyan Jill & Yanagida, John & Villanueva, Donald, 2020. "Farm locations and dwelling clusters: Do they make production and technical efficiency spatially contagious?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Rao, Xudong, 2014. "Land Fragmentation with Double Bonuses -- The Case of Tanzanian Agriculture," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169436, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shi, X. & Zhou, Y. & Heerink, N. & Ma, X., 2018. "The effect of land tenure governance on grain efficiency: Evidence from three provinces in eastern China," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277477, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wang, Hui & Riedinger, Jeffrey & Jin, Songqing, 2015. "Land documents, tenure security and land rental development: Panel evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 220-235.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Çakır, 2015.
"Technological progress and scientific indicators: a panel data analysis,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 263-281, April.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Selman Cakir, 2014. "Technological Progress and Scienti?c Indicators: A Panel Data Analysis," Working Papers 2014/06, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Victor Moutinho & Mara Madaleno, 2021. "Assessing Eco-Efficiency in Asian and African Countries Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Teklu, Tesfaye & Lemi, Adugna, 2004. "Factors affecting entry and intensity in informal rental land markets in Southern Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 117-128, March.
- Solange Maria Guerra & Benjamin Miranda Tabak & Rodrigo Cesar de Castro Miranda, 2014. "Do Interconnections Matter for Bank Efficiency?," Working Papers Series 374, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- repec:cuf:journl:y:2017:v:18:i:1:valles-gimenez is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Deininger & Daniel Ayalew Ali & Tekie Alemu, 2008.
"Assessing the Functioning of Land Rental Markets in Ethiopia,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 67-100, October.
- Deininger, Klaus & Ali, Daniel Ayalew & Alemu, Tekie, 2007. "Assessing the functioning of land rental markets in Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4442, The World Bank.
- Gallagher, Marcos & Goetz, Stephan J. & Debertin, David L., 1997. "Efficiency Effects of Institutional Factors: Limited-Resource Farms in Northeast Argentina," 1997 Occasional Paper Series No. 7 198047, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tek-Ann Chew, 1998. "Transactional framework of sharecropping: empirical evidence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 47-52, January.
- Sabrina Auci & Laura Castellucci & Manuela Coromaldi, 2021.
"How does public spending affect technical efficiency? Some evidence from 15 European countries,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 73(1), pages 108-130, January.
- Sabrina Auci & Laura Castellucci & Manuela Coromaldi, 2019. "How Does the Public Spending Affect Technical Efficiency? Some Evidence from 15 European Countries," CEIS Research Paper 476, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 02 Dec 2019.
- Nkomoki, William & Bavorová, Miroslava & Banout, Jan, 2018. "Adoption of sustainable agricultural practices and food security threats: Effects of land tenure in Zambia," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 532-538.
- Muhammad Rizwan & Ping Qing & Abdul Saboor & Muhammad Amjed Iqbal & Adnan Nazir, 2020. "Production Risk and Competency among Categorized Rice Peasants: Cross-Sectional Evidence from an Emerging Country," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-15, May.
- Naveen Adusumilli & Rowell Dikitanan & Hua Wang, 2019. "Effect of Cost-Sharing Federal Programs on Adoption of Water Conservation Practices: Results from Propensity Score Matching Approach," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(01), pages 1-16, July.
- Poku-Boansi, Michael, 2021. "Multi-stakeholder involvement in urban land use planning in the Ejisu Municipality, Ghana: An application of the social complexities’ theory," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Kalkuhl, Matthias & Fernandez Milan, Blanca & Schwerhoff, Gregor & Jakob, Michael & Hahnen, Maren & Creutzig, Felix, 2017. "Fiscal Instruments for Sustainable Development: The Case of Land Taxes," MPRA Paper 78652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Kopsidis, 2012. "Peasant Agriculture and Economic Growth: The Case of Southeast Europe c. 1870-1940 reinterpreted," Working Papers 0028, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Ngango, Jules & Hong, Seungjee, 2021. "Impacts of land tenure security on yield and technical efficiency of maize farmers in Rwanda," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-12-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2014-12-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SEA-2014-12-13 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea14:170608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.