Differential Effects of Food Security Policies on Subsistence Farmers and the Urban Poor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wodon, Quentin & Tsimpo, Clarence & Coulombe, Harold, 2008. "Assessing the potential impact on poverty of rising cereals prices : the case of Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4740, The World Bank.
- David Coady & Paul Dorosh & Bart Minten, 2008.
"Evaluating Alternative Policy Responses to Higher World Food Prices: The Case of Increasing Rice Prices in Madagascar,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 711-722.
- Coady,David & Dorosh,Paul & Minten,Bart, 2008. "Evaluating alternative policy responses to higher world food prices: The case of increasing rice prices in Madagascar," IFPRI discussion papers 780, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Channing Arndt & Rui Benfica & Nelson Maximiano & Antonio M. D. Nucifora & James T. Thurlow, 2008. "Higher fuel and food prices: impacts and responses for Mozambique," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 497-511, November.
- Christophe Gouel & Sébastien Jean, 2015.
"Optimal Food Price Stabilization in a Small Open Developing Country,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(1), pages 72-101.
- Christophe Gouel & Sébastien Jean, 2012. "Optimal Food Price Stabilization in a Small Open Developing Country," Working Papers 2012-01, CEPII research center.
- Christophe Gouel & Sébastien Jean, 2015. "Optimal food price stabilization in a small open developing country," Post-Print hal-01173054, HAL.
- Gouel, Christophe & Jean, Sebastien, 2012. "Optimal food price stabilization in a small open developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5943, The World Bank.
- Will Martin & Kym Anderson, 2012.
"Export Restrictions and Price Insulation During Commodity Price Booms,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(2), pages 422-427.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will, 2011. "Export Restrictions and Price Insulation During Commodity Price Booms," CEPR Discussion Papers 8494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin, Will & Anderson, Kym, 2011. "Export restrictions and price insulation during commodity price booms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5645, The World Bank.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Morgenroth, Edgar L. W., 1999.
"Infrastructure, transport costs and trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 169-189, February.
- Spiros Bougheas & Panicos Demetriades & Edgar Morgenroth, 1996. "Infrastructure, Transport Costs and Trade," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/7, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Donald F. Larson & Julian Lampietti & Christophe Gouel & Carlo Cafiero & John Roberts, 2014.
"Food Security and Storage in the Middle East and North Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(1), pages 48-73.
- Larson, Donald F. & Lampietti, Julian & Gouel, Christophe & Cafiero, Carlo & Roberts, John, 2012. "Food security and storage in the Middle East and North Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6031, The World Bank.
- Donald F. Larson & Julian Lampietti & Christophe Gouel & Carlo Cafiero & John Roberts, 2014. "Food security and storage in the Middle East and North Africa," Post-Print hal-01186946, HAL.
- Aksoy , M. Ataman & Isik-Dikmelik, Aylin, 2008. "Are low food prices pro-poor ? net food buyers and sellers in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4642, The World Bank.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Wesley W. Wilson, 2008. "Port Efficiency and Trade Flows," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 21-36, February.
- Milan Brahmbhatt & Luc Christiaensen, 2008. "Rising Food Prices in East Asia : Challenges and Policy Options," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19521, The World Bank.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Timilsina, Govinda R. & Mevel, Simon, 2010.
"Impacts Of Large Scale Expansion Of Biofuels On Global Poverty And Income Distribution,"
Proceedings Issues, 2010: Climate Change in World Agriculture: Mitigation, Adaptation, Trade and Food Security, June 2010, Stuttgart- Hohenheim, Germany
91279, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2012. "Impacts of large-scale expansion of biofuels on global poverty and income distribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6078, The World Bank.
- Wright, Brian D & Williams, Jeffrey C, 1982. "The Economic Role of Commodity Storage," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 596-614, September.
- José Cuesta, 2011. "A Qualitative Analysis of Policymaking on the Food Price Crisis in the Andean Region: Preparing for the Next Crisis," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 23(1), pages 72-93, February.
- Jorge N. Valero-Gil & Magali Valero, 2008.
"The effects of rising food prices on poverty in Mexico,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 485-496, November.
- Valero-Gil, Jorge & Valero, Magali, 2008. "The effects of rising food prices on poverty in Mexico," MPRA Paper 10221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arndt, Channing & Benfica, Rui & Maximiano, Nelson & Nucifora, Antonio M.D. & Thurlow, James, 2008. "Higher fuel and food prices: Economic impacts and responses for Mozambique," IFPRI discussion papers 836, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Paul Dorosh, 2009. "Price stabilization, international trade and national cereal stocks: world price shocks and policy response in South Asia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 1(2), pages 137-149, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; World Food Price Crisis; commodity storage; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; Risk and Uncertainty; Q11; Q18; O24;
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:149736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.