Global Food Price Inflation: Implications for South Asia, Policy Reactions, and Future Challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schiff, Maurice, 2001.
"Will the Real “Natural Trading Partner” Please Stand Up?,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 16, pages 245-261.
- Schiff, Maurice, 1999. "Will the real"natural trading partner"please stand up?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2161, The World Bank.
- Pravin Krishna, 2003. "Are Regional Trading Partners "Natural"?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 202-231, February.
- Maurice Schiff & Yanling Wang, 2006. "North-South and South-South trade-related technology diffusion: an industry-level analysis of direct and indirect effects," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(3), pages 831-844, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balagtas, Joseph Valdes & Bhandari, Humnath & Mohanty, Samarendu & Cabrera, Ellanie & Hossain, Mahabub, 2012. "Impact of a Commodity Price Spike on Poverty Dynamics: Evidence from a Panel of Rural Households in Bangladesh," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124225, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Mohajan, Haradhan, 2013. "Ethiopia: A socio-economic study," MPRA Paper 52277, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Sep 2013.
- Craig Sugden, 2009. "Responding to High Commodity Prices," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(1), pages 79-105, May.
- Alem, Yonas & Söderbom, Måns, 2012. "Household-Level Consumption in Urban Ethiopia: The Effects of a Large Food Price Shock," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 146-162.
More about this item
Keywordsadverse consequences; adverse effect; Adverse Effects; Agricultural Productivity; Agriculture; average price; average prices; average productivity; basic needs; binding constraint; buffer stocks;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-02-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-02-14 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi) or (Pavel Petrov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .