The Role of Institutional Environments on Technical Efficiency: A Comparative Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Cotton Farmers in Benin, Burkina Faso, and Mali
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmad, Munir & Boris E., Bravo-Ureta, 1996. "Technical efficiency measures for dairy farms using panel data: a comparison of alternative model specifications," MPRA Paper 37703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Serra, Renata, 2011. "Endogenous Economic Reforms and Local Realities: Cotton policy-making in Burkina Faso," Discussion Papers 116227, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Kelly, Valerie A. & Boughton, Duncan & Magen, Benjamin B., 2011. "Pathways to Improved Profitability and Sustainability of Cotton Cultivation at Farm Level in Africa: an Approach to Addressing Critical Knowledge Gaps," Food Security International Development Working Papers 101163, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, T S, 1994. "Do High Food Marketing Costs Constrain Cash Crop Production? Evidence from Zimbabwe," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 387-402, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuel Tumusiime & B. Wade Brorsen & Jeffrey D. Vitale, 2014. "Vertical integration in West Africa's cotton industry: are parastatals a second best solution?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 129-143, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCotton; Technical Efficiency; Institutional Changes; Reforms; Benin; Burkina Faso; Mali; Agricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Crop Production/Industries; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; International Development; Production Economics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-05-24 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2011-05-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2011-05-24 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:103436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .