Evaluating the Effectiveness of Alternative Extension Methods: Triple-Bag Storage of Cowpeas by Small-Scale Farmers in West Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 297-311, December.
- P. Kristjanson & I. Okike & S. Tarawali & B. B. Singh & V. M. Manyong, 2005. "Farmers' perceptions of benefits and factors affecting the adoption of improved dual‐purpose cowpea in the dry savannas of Nigeria," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(2), pages 195-210, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chikutuma, Mutsvandiani, 2019. "Analysing the social network of technology and information transfer for maize sheller service providers in Zimbabwe," Thesis Commons 2bmzr, Center for Open Science.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Bekele A. Shiferaw & Tewodros A. Kebede & Liang You, 2008. "Technology adoption under seed access constraints and the economic impacts of improved pigeonpea varieties in Tanzania," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(3), pages 309-323, November.
- Acheampong, Patricia Pinamang & Acheampong, Lawrencia Donkor, 2020. "Analysis of Adoption of Improved Cassava (Manihot Esculenta) Varieties in Ghana: Implications for Agricultural Technology Disseminations," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 8(3), July.
- Edward Martey & Prince M. Etwire & Alexander Nimo Wiredu & Benjamin D. K. Ahiabor, 2017. "Establishing the link between market orientation and agricultural commercialization: Empirical evidence from Northern Ghana," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(4), pages 849-866, August.
- B Kelsey Jack, "undated". "Market Inefficiencies and the Adoption of Agricultural Technologies in Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 50, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Alan Davide Bazzana & Jeremy Foltz & Ying Zhang, 2021.
"Impact of climate smart agriculture on food security: an agent-based analysis,"
2021.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bazzana, Davide & Foltz, Jeremy & Zhang, Ying, 2021. "Impact of climate smart agriculture on food security: an agent-based analysis," FEEM Working Papers 311096, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Avila-Santamaria, Jorge J. & Useche, Maria P., 2016. "Urea Subsidies and the Decision to Allocate Land to a New Fertilizing Technology: Ex-ante Analysis in Ecuador," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 229851, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Boris Bravo & Horacio Cocchi & Daniel Solís, 2006.
"Adoption of Soil Conservation Technologies in El Salvador: A cross-Section and Over-Time Analysis,"
OVE Working Papers
1806, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Cocchi, Horacio & Solís, Daniel, 2011. "Adoption of Soil Conservation Technologies in El Salvador: A Cross-Section and Over-Time Analysis," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2894, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Bai, Junfei & Wahl, Thomas I. & McCluskey, Jill J., 2008.
"Fluid milk consumption in urban Qingdao, China,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(2), pages 1-15.
- Junfei Bai & Thomas I. Wahl & Jill J. McCluskey, 2008. "Fluid milk consumption in urban Qingdao, China ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Aliou DIAGNE, 2006. "Diffusion And Adoption Of Nerica Rice Varieties In Côte D’Ivoire," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 208-231, June.
- Zhihai Yang & Amin W. Mugera & Ning Yin & Yumeng Wang, 2018. "Soil conservation practices and production efficiency of smallholder farms in Central China," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 1517-1533, August.
- Roussy, Caroline & Ridier, Aude & Chaib, Karim, 2014.
"A methodological proposal to approach farmers’ adoption behavior: stated preferences and perceptions of the innovation,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182983, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaïb, 2014. "A methodological proposal to approach farmers’ adoption behavior: stated preferences and perceptions of the innovation," Post-Print hal-01123260, HAL.
- Casey, James F. & Caviglia-Harris, Jill L., 2000. "Deforestation And Agroforestry Adoption In Tropical Forests: Can We Generalize? Some Results From Campeche, Mexico And Rondonia, Brazil," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36466, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Martey, Edward & Wiredu, Alexander Nimo & Etwire, Prince M. & Fosu, Mathias & Buah, S. S. J. & Bidzakin, John & Ahiabor, Benjamin D. K. & Kusi, Francis, 2014. "Fertilizer Adoption and Use Intensity Among Smallholder Farmers in Northern Ghana: A Case Study of the AGRA Soil Health Project," Sustainable Agriculture Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 3(1).
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaïb, 2014.
"Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences,"
- Caroline Roussy & Aude Ridier & Karim Chaib, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-03, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Roussy, Caroline & Ridier, Aude & Chaib, Karim, 2015. "Adoption d’innovations par les agriculteurs : rôle des perceptions et des préférences," Working Papers 206036, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Maligalig, R. & Umbeger, W. & Demont, M. & Peralta, A., 2018. "Farmer preferences for rice varietal trait improvements in Nueva Ecija, Philippines: A latent class cluster approach," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277476, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sinja, Judith & Karugia, Joseph Thuo & Baltenweck, Isabelle & Waithaka, Michael M. & Miano, M.D. & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo & Romney, D., 2004. "Farmer Perception of Technology and its Impact on Technology Uptake: The Case of Fodder Legume in Central Kenya Highlands," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9543, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Legese, Getachew & Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mwangi, Wilfred & Jaleta, Moti & La Rovere, Roberto, 2009. "Household Resource Endowment and Determinants of Adoption of Drought Tolerant Maize Varieties: A Double-hurdle Approach," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51785, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shaosheng Jin & Bashiru Mansaray & Xin Jin & Haoyang Li, 2020. "Farmers’ preferences for attributes of rice varieties in Sierra Leone," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 12(5), pages 1185-1197, October.
- Wubeneh, Nega Gebreselassie & Sanders, J.H., 2006. "Farm-level adoption of sorghum technologies in Tigray, Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 122-134, November.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-05-16 (Africa)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.