Bundled Ecosystem Markets – Are They The Future?
Bundled ecosystem markets may be the next big buzz in environmental policy and ecosystem conservation and restoration. But what does it mean? And what is the feasibility of these markets? While single service ecosystem markets are proliferating, bundled ecosystem markets are not. Using some ‘enabling’ and ‘operating’ conditions identified for various single ecosystem markets, I will see how these conditions hold as you move to bundled ecosystem markets. I also outline some of the hurdles that confront the development of bundled ecosystem markets and what may need to be reconciled to move these markets forward. This article is aimed at stimulating greater thinking and promoting more exploration by the policy and research community into the development of bundled ecosystem markets.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murtough, Greg & Aretino, Barbara & Matysek, Anna, 2002. "Creating Markets for Ecosystem Services," Staff Research Papers 31912, Productivity Commission.
- Greg Murtough & Barbara Aretino & Anna Matysek, 2002. "Creating markets for ecosystem services," Urban/Regional 0207001, EconWPA.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- King, Dennis M., 2005. "Crunch Time for Water Quality Trading," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(1).
- Randall, Alan & Taylor, Michael A., 2000. "Incentive-Based Solutions To Agricultural Environmental Problems: Recent Developments In Theory And Practice," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(02), August.
- Greenhalgh, Suzie & Selman, Mindy, 2008. "Water quality trading programs: A comparison between the Northern and Southern Hemispheres," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 6028, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea08:6166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.