The economic forces driving the costs of food safety regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Knutson, Ronald D. & Cross, H. Russell & Acuff, Gary R. & Russell, Leon H. & Boadu, Fred O. & Nichols, John P. & Wang, Suojin & Ringer, Larry J. & Childers Jr, Asa B. & Savell, Jeff W., 1995. "Reforming Meat and Poultry Inspection: Impacts of Policy Options," Working Papers 258074, Texas A&M University, Agricultural and Food Policy Center.
- Bartel, Ann P & Thomas, Lacy Glenn, 1987. "Predation through Regulation: The Wage and Profit Effects of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 239-264, October.
- Ollinger, Michael & Mueller, Valerie, 2003. "Managing For Safer Food: The Economics Of Sanitation And Process Controls In Meat And Poultry Plants," Agricultural Economics Reports 33975, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ollinger, Michael & Moore, Danna L. & Chandran, Ram, 2004. "Meat And Poultry Plants' Food Safety Investments: Survey Findings," Technical Bulletins 33559, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ollinger, Michael, 2004. "The Impact Of Market Mechanisms And Haccp Regulation On Food Safety Quality," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20150, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.