Explaining Differences In Prices Received By Farmers: Testing Theory Based On Actual Farmer Transactions
There has been considerable normative research about how farmers should make marketing decisions, but little positive research on what farmers really do. Regressions of gender, total volume, timing, and frequency of sales on the average weighted price received are used to test hypotheses regarding gender differences, myopic loss aversion, economies of size, and market efficiency.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Changyun, 2001.
"The behavior and performance of major types of futures traders,"
36426, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2002.
- Changyun Wang, 2003. "The behavior and performance of major types of futures traders," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 1-31, 01.
- Harwood, Joy L. & Heifner, Richard G. & Coble, Keith H. & Perry, Janet E. & Somwaru, Agapi, 1999. "Managing Risk in Farming: Concepts, Research, and Analysis," Agricultural Economics Reports 34081, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Irwin, Scott H. & Martines-Filho, Joao Gomes & Good, Darrel L., 2003.
"The Performance Of Agricultural Market Advisory Services In Corn And Soybeans,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
22256, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Joao Martines-Filho, 2006. "The Performance of Agricultural Market Advisory Services in Corn and Soybeans," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(1), pages 162-181.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2001. "Boys will be Boys: Gender, Overconfidence, and Common Stock Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 261-292.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1996. "Improving The Relevance Of Research On Price Forecasting And Marketing Strategies," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(1), April.
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Anderson, Kim B., 2002. "Actual Farmer Market Timing," 2002 Conference, April 22-23, 2002, St. Louis, Missouri 19065, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- McNew, Kevin & Musser, Wesley N., 2000. "Evidence Of Farmer Forward Pricing Behavior," Working Papers 28568, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.