Strategies To Improve Land Management, Crop Production, And Household Income In The Highlands Of Tigray, Northern Ethiopia
This paper investigates strategies to improve land management, crop production and household income in the northern Ethiopian highlands based upon econometric analysis of household and plot level survey data collected from 500 households. We find that several profitable opportunities exist to improve land management, agricultural production and incomes.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grepperud, Sverre, 1996. "Population Pressure and Land Degradation: The Case of Ethiopia," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 18-33, January.
- Shaban, Radwan Ali, 1987. "Testing between Competing Models of Sharecropping," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 893-920, October.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2002.
"Investment In Soil Conservation In Northern Ethiopia: The Role Of Land Tenure Security And Public Programs,"
11749, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2003. "Investment in soil conservation in northern Ethiopia: the role of land tenure security and public programs," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 29(1), July.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2003. "Investment in soil conservation in northern Ethiopia: the role of land tenure security and public programs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 69-84, July.
- Reardon, Thomas A. & Crawford, Eric W. & Kelly, Valerie, 1994.
"Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective,"
201191, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Thomas Reardon & Eric Crawford & Valerie Kelly, 1994. "Links Between Nonfarm Income and Farm Investment in African Households: Adding the Capital Market Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1172-1176.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-417, November.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Pender, John L. & Jagger, Pamela & Sserunkuuma, Dick & Kaizzi, Crammer & Ssali, Henry, 2004. "Strategies for sustainable land management and poverty reduction in Uganda:," Research reports 133, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Clay, Daniel C. & Molla, Daniel & Habtewold, Debebe, 1999. "Food aid targeting in Ethiopia: A study of who needs it and who gets it," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 391-409, August.
- Binswanger, Hans P & McIntire, John, 1987. "Behavioral and Material Determinants of Production Relations in Land-Abundant Tropical Agriculture," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 73-99, October.
- Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad, 1988. "Technology and preferences in the Boserup model of agricultural growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 175-191, March.
- Pender, John L. & Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Benin, Samuel & Ehui, Simeon, 2001.
"Strategies for sustainable agricultural development in the Ethiopian Highlands:,"
EPTD discussion papers
77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Pender & Berhanu Gebremedhin & Saumuel Benin & Simeon Ehui, 2001. "Strategies for Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Ethiopian Highlands," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1231-1240.
- Pender, John L., 1999. "Rural population growth, agricultural change and natural resource management in developing countries: a review of hypotheses and some evidence from Honduras," EPTD discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.