Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs
We analyze the factors influencing participation in Maryland's farmland preservation programs using data from a survey of agricultural landowners and spatial data on individual parcels. Factors influencing participation included distance from a major city, proximity to preserved parcels, length of family ownership, whether a child plan to continue farming and share of income from farming.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elad, Renata L. & Clifton, Ivery D. & Epperson, James E., 1994.
"Hedonic Estimation Applied To The Farmland Market In Georgia,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Elad, R.L. & Clifton, I.D. & Epperson, J.E., 1994. "Hedonic Estimation Applied to the Farmland Market in Georgia," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 351-366, December.
- Vitaliano, Donald F & Hill, Constance, 1994. "Agricultural Districts and Farmland Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 213-223, May.
- McLean-Meyinsse, Patricia E. & Hui, Jianguo & Joseph, Randolph, Jr., 1994. "An Empirical Analysis Of Louisiana Small Farmers' Involvement In The Conservation Reserve Program," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(02), December.
- Yue Jin Shi & Timothy T. Phipps & Dale Colyer, 1997. "Agricultural Land Values under Urbanizing Influences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(1), pages 90-100.
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1996. "Modeling Economics and Ecology: The Importance of a Spatial Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-1180.
- Schwartz, S. I. & Hansen, D. E. & Foin, T. C., 1975. "Preferential taxation and the control of urban sprawl: An analysis of the California Land Conservation Act," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 120-134, December.
- Cynthia J. Nickerson & Lori Lynch, 2001. "The Effect of Farmland Preservation Programs on Farmland Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 341-351.
- Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Lynch, Lori, 1999. "The Effect of Farmland Preservation Programs on Farmland Prices," Working Papers 197861, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Robert G. Chambers & William E. Foster, 1983. "Participation in the Farmer-Owned Reserve Program: A Discrete Choice Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(1), pages 120-124.
- David E. Hansen & S. I. Schwartz, 1975. "Landowner Behavior at the Rural-Urban Fringe in Response to Preferential Property Taxation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(4), pages 341-354.
- B. Delworth Gardner, 1977. "The Economics of Agricultural Land Preservation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(5), pages 1027-1036.
- Bromley, Daniel W & Hodge, Ian, 1990. "Private Property Rights and Presumptive Policy Entitlements: Reconsidering the Premises of Rural Policy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 197-214. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.