What Drives Farmland Conversion: Farm Returns Versus Urban Factors?
This paper uses an analytical and econometric approach to analyze the farmland conversion process, including the effects of population growth, real estate markets, the agricultural-urban edge, and farm returns. We use a unique county-level dataset on farmland conversion for California that tracks conversions between agricultural, urban and other land uses.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ramsey, A. Frank & Corty, Floyd L., 1982. "Conversion of Prime Agricultural Land to Nonagricultural Uses in One Area of the Sunbelt," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 23-29, December.
- Ramsey, A. Frank & Corty, Floyd L., 1982. "Conversion Of Prime Agricultural Land To Nonagricultural Uses In One Area Of The Sunbelt," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(02), December.
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1996. "Modeling Economics and Ecology: The Importance of a Spatial Perspective," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1168-1180.
- Cynthia J. Nickerson & Lori Lynch, 2001.
"The Effect of Farmland Preservation Programs on Farmland Prices,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(2), pages 341-351.
- Nickerson, Cynthia J. & Lynch, Lori, 1999. "The Effect of Farmland Preservation Programs on Farmland Prices," Working Papers 197861, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- B. Delworth Gardner, 1977. "The Economics of Agricultural Land Preservation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(5), pages 1027-1036.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2000. "The environmental impact of suburbanization," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 569-586. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea01:20659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.