A Note on Long-Memory in Population and Economic Growth
We show that long memory in economic growth occurs due to the existence of stochastic memory in population growth. Conventional stationary assumption of population growth in economic growth models is relaxed and convergence properties of slowly decaying demographic shocks are examined in light of population and economic policies.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michelacci, Claudio & Zaffaroni, Paolo, 2000.
"(Fractional) beta convergence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 129-153, February.
- Michelacci, C. & Zaffaroni, P., 1998. "(Fractional) Beta Convergence," Papers 9803, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Michelacci, C. & Zaffaroni, P., 2000. "(Fractional) Beta Convergence," Papers 383, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Claudio Michelacci & Paolo Zaffaroni, 2000. "(Fractional) Beta Convergence," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 383, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 2000.
"Vintage Human Capital, Demographic Trends and Endogenous Growth,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2000007, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Boucekkine, Raouf & de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 2002. "Vintage Human Capital, Demographic Trends, and Endogenous Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 340-375, June.
- Prskawetz, Alexia & Feichtinger, Gustav, 1995. "Endogenous Population Growth May Imply Chaos," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 59-80, February.
- Théophile Azomahou & Claude Diebolt & Tapas Mishra, 2007.
"Spatial Persistence of Demographic Shocks and Economic Growth,"
07-04, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Azomahou, Théophile & Diebolt, Claude & Mishra, Tapas, 2009. "Spatial persistence of demographic shocks and economic growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 98-127, March.
- L. A. Gil-Alana, 2003. "A fractional integration analysis of the population in some OECD countries," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1147-1159.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:afc:wpaper:09-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.