Testing for Seasonal Unit Roots with Temporally Aggregated Time Series
The temporal aggregation effect on seasonal unit roots and its implications for seasonal unit root testing are discussed. The aggregation effect allows to test with any HEGY-type method for integration at the harmonic frequencies through the Nyquist frequency of properly temporally aggregated series.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burridge, P. & Taylor, A.M.R., 1999.
"On Regression-Based Tests for Seasonal Unit Roots in the Presence of Periodic Heteroscedasticity,"
99-10, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Burridge, Peter & Taylor, A. M. Robert, 2001. "On regression-based tests for seasonal unit roots in the presence of periodic heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 91-117, August.
- William W. S. Wei, 1978. "Some Consequences of Temporal Aggregation in Seasonal Time Series Models," NBER Chapters, in: Seasonal Analysis of Economic Time Series, pages 433-448 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granger, C.W.J. & Siklos, P.L., 1993.
"Systematic Sampling, Temporal Aggregation, Seasonal Adjustment, and Cointegration: Theory and Evidence,"
93001, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Siklos, Pierre L., 1995. "Systematic sampling, temporal aggregation, seasonal adjustment, and cointegration theory and evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 357-369.
- Smith, R.J. & Taylor, R., 1995.
"Additional Critical Values and Asymptotic Representations for Seasonal Unit Roots Tests,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9529, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Smith, Richard J. & Taylor, A. M. Robert, 1998. "Additional critical values and asymptotic representations for seasonal unit root tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 269-288, August.
- Richard Smith & Robert Taylor, . "Additional Critical Values and Asymptotic Representations for Seasonal Unit Root Tests," Discussion Papers 95/43, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ghysels,Eric & Osborn,Denise R., 2001.
"The Econometric Analysis of Seasonal Time Series,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521565882.
- Zacharias Psaradakis, 1996.
"Testing for Unit Roots in Time Series with Nearly Deterministic Seasonal Variation,"
Archive Discussion Papers
9602, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Zacharias Psaradakis, 1997. "Testing for unit roots in time series with nearly deterministic seasonal variation," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 421-439.
- Philip Hans Franses & Bart Hobijn, 1997. "Critical values for unit root tests in seasonal time series," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 25-48.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988.
"Seasonal Integration And Cointegration,"
0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Ghysels, Eric & Lee, Hahn S. & Noh, Jaesum, 1994. "Testing for unit roots in seasonal time series : Some theoretical extensions and a Monte Carlo investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 415-442, June.
- Joseph Beaulieu, J. & Miron, Jeffrey A., 1993.
"Seasonal unit roots in aggregate U.S. data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 305-328.
- Burridge, Peter & Taylor, A M Robert, 2001. "On the Properties of Regression-Based Tests for Seasonal Unit Roots in the Presence of Higher-Order Serial Correlation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 374-79, July.
- Canova, Fabio & Hansen, Bruce E, 1995. "Are Seasonal Patterns Constant over Time? A Test for Seasonal Stability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 237-52, July.
- Hylleberg, Svend & Jorgensen, Clara & Sorensen, Nils Karl, 1993. "Seasonality in Macroeconomic Time Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-35.
- H. Niemi, 1984. "The invertibility of sampled and aggregated ARMA models," Metrika, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 43-50, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2003-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.