Testing for Seasonal Unit Roots with Temporally Aggregated Time Series
The temporal aggregation effect on seasonal unit roots and its implications for seasonal unit root testing are discussed. The aggregation effect allows to test with any HEGY-type method for integration at the harmonic frequencies through the Nyquist frequency of properly temporally aggregated series.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joseph Beaulieu, J. & Miron, Jeffrey A., 1993.
"Seasonal unit roots in aggregate U.S. data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1-2), pages 305-328.
- Zacharias Psaradakis, 1997.
"Testing for unit roots in time series with nearly deterministic seasonal variation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 421-439.
- Zacharias Psaradakis, 1996. "Testing for Unit Roots in Time Series with Nearly Deterministic Seasonal Variation," Archive Discussion Papers 9602, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Burridge, P. & Taylor, A.M.R., 1999.
"On Regression-Based Tests for Seasonal Unit Roots in the Presence of Periodic Heteroscedasticity,"
99-10, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Burridge, Peter & Taylor, A. M. Robert, 2001. "On regression-based tests for seasonal unit roots in the presence of periodic heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 91-117, August.
- Smith, R.J. & Taylor, R., 1995.
"Additional Critical Values and Asymptotic Representations for Seasonal Unit Roots Tests,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9529, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Smith, Richard J. & Taylor, A. M. Robert, 1998. "Additional critical values and asymptotic representations for seasonal unit root tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 269-288, August.
- Richard Smith & Robert Taylor, . "Additional Critical Values and Asymptotic Representations for Seasonal Unit Root Tests," Discussion Papers 95/43, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Philip Hans Franses & Bart Hobijn, 1997. "Critical values for unit root tests in seasonal time series," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 25-48.
- H. Niemi, 1984. "The invertibility of sampled and aggregated ARMA models," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 43-50, December.
- Canova, Fabio & Hansen, Bruce E, 1995. "Are Seasonal Patterns Constant over Time? A Test for Seasonal Stability," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 237-52, July.
- Ghysels,Eric & Osborn,Denise R., 2001.
"The Econometric Analysis of Seasonal Time Series,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521565882, December.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988.
"Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration,"
6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hylleberg, Svend & Jorgensen, Clara & Sorensen, Nils Karl, 1993. "Seasonality in Macroeconomic Time Series," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-35.
- Burridge, Peter & Taylor, A M Robert, 2001. "On the Properties of Regression-Based Tests for Seasonal Unit Roots in the Presence of Higher-Order Serial Correlation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 374-79, July.
- William W. S. Wei, 1978. "Some Consequences of Temporal Aggregation in Seasonal Time Series Models," NBER Chapters, in: Seasonal Analysis of Economic Time Series, pages 433-448 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ghysels, Eric & Lee, Hahn S. & Noh, Jaesum, 1994. "Testing for unit roots in seasonal time series : Some theoretical extensions and a Monte Carlo investigation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 415-442, June.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Siklos, Pierre L., 1995.
"Systematic sampling, temporal aggregation, seasonal adjustment, and cointegration theory and evidence,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 357-369.
- Granger, C.W.J. & Siklos, P.L., 1993. "Systematic Sampling, Temporal Aggregation, Seasonal Adjustment, and Cointegration: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 93001, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2003-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.