Temporal aggregation in a periodically integrated autoregressive process
A periodically integrated autoregressive process for a time series which is observed S times per year assumes the presence of S - 1 cointegration relations between the annual series containing the seasonal observations, with the additional feature that these relations are different across the seasons. This means that there is a single unit root in the vector autoregression for these annual series. In this paper it is shown that temporally aggregating such a process does not affect the presence of this unit root, i.e. the aggregated series is also periodically integrated.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osborn, Denise R., 1991. "The implications of periodically varying coefficients for seasonal time-series processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 373-384, June.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Franses, Philip Hans, 1994. "A multivariate approach to modeling univariate seasonal time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 133-151, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)