Taming the Real Estate Beast: The Effects of Monetary and Macroprudential Policies on Housing Prices and Credit
In: Property Markets and Financial Stability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005.
"Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals and Misperceptions,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 67-92, Fall.
- Charles P. Himmelberg & Christopher J. Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing high house prices: bubbles, fundamentals, and misperceptions," Staff Reports 218, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Charles Himmelberg & Christopher Mayer & Todd Sinai, 2005. "Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Misperceptions," NBER Working Papers 11643, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandro Calza & Tommaso Monacelli & Livio Stracca, 2013. "Housing Finance And Monetary Policy," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11, pages 101-122, January.
- Deniz O Igan & Heedon Kang, 2011. "Do Loan-To-Value and Debt-To-Income Limits Work? Evidence From Korea," IMF Working Papers 11/297, International Monetary Fund.
- Sa, Filipa & Towbin, Pascal & wieladek, tomasz, 2011.
"Low interest rates and housing booms: the role of capital inflows, monetary policy and financial innovation,"
Bank of England working papers
411, Bank of England.
- Filipa Sá & Pascal Towbin & Tomasz Wieladek, 2011. "Low interest rates and housing booms: the role of capital inflows, monetary policy and financial innovation," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 79, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Nathalie Girouard & Mike Kennedy & Paul van den Noord & Christophe André, 2006. "Recent House Price Developments: The Role of Fundamentals," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 475, OECD Publishing.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Warnock, Veronica Cacdac & Warnock, Francis E., 2008.
"Markets and housing finance,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 239-251, September.
- Veronica Cacdac Warnock & Francis E. Warnock, 2007. "Markets and Housing Finance," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp221, IIIS.
- Veronica Cacdac Warnock & Francis E. Warnock, 2008. "Markets and Housing Finance," Working Papers 032008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Veronica Cacdac Warnock & Francis E. Warnock, 2007. "Markets and Housing Finance," NBER Working Papers 13081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2012.
"Evaluating conditions in major Chinese housing markets,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 531-543.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2010. "Evaluating Conditions in Major Chinese Housing Markets," NBER Working Papers 16189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crowe, Christopher & Dell’Ariccia, Giovanni & Igan, Deniz & Rabanal, Pau, 2013.
"How to deal with real estate booms: Lessons from country experiences,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 300-319.
- Pau Rabanal & Christopher W. Crowe & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Deniz O Igan, 2011. "How to Deal with Real Estate Booms; Lessons from Country Experiences," IMF Working Papers 11/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joshua D. Gottlieb & Joseph Gyourko, 2012. "Can Cheap Credit Explain the Housing Boom?," NBER Chapters,in: Housing and the Financial Crisis, pages 301-359 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Gallin, 2008. "The Long-Run Relationship Between House Prices and Rents," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(4), pages 635-658, December.
- Jane Dokko & Brian M. Doyle & Michael T. Kiley & Jinill Kim & Shane Sherlund & Jae Sim & Skander Van Den Heuvel, 2011. "Monetary policy and the global housing bubble," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(66), pages 233-283, April.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Davis, Morris A. & Gallin, Joshua & Martin, Robert F., 2009. "What moves housing markets: A variance decomposition of the rent-price ratio," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 90-102, September.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Raoul Minetti, 2003.
"Financial Liberalization And The Sensitivity Of House Prices To Monetary Policy: Theory And Evidence,"
University of Manchester, vol. 71(1), pages 20-34, January.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Raoul Minetti, 2002. "Financial Liberalisation and the Sensitivity of House Prices to Monetary Policy: Theory and Evidence," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 538, Boston College Department of Economics.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Del Negro, Marco & Otrok, Christopher, 2007. "99 Luftballons: Monetary policy and the house price boom across U.S. states," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 1962-1985, October.
- Michael Woodford, 2010. "Financial Intermediation and Macroeconomic Analysis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(4), pages 21-44, Fall.
- Jane K. Dokko & Brian M. Doyle & Michael T. Kiley & Jinill Kim & Shane M. Sherlund & Jae W. Sim & Skander J. van den Heuvel, 2009. "Monetary policy and the housing bubble," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tillmann, Peter, 2015. "Estimating the effects of macroprudential policy shocks: A Qual VAR approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 1-4.
- Adrian, Tobias & Liang, J. Nellie, 2014.
"Monetary policy, financial conditions, and financial stability,"
690, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Dec 2016.
- Adrian, Tobias & Liang, Nellie, 2016. "Monetary Policy, Financial Conditions, and Financial Stability," CEPR Discussion Papers 11394, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tobias Adrian & Nellie Liang, 2014. "Monetary Policy, Financial Conditions, and Financial Stability," IMES Discussion Paper Series 14-E-13, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Chris Bloor & Chris McDonald, 2013. "Estimating the impacts of restrictions on high LVR lending," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series AN2013/05, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Zhang, Longmei & Zoli, Edda, 2016. "Leaning against the wind: Macroprudential policy in Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 33-52.
- Eric Wong & Andrew Tsang & Steven Kong, 2016. "How Does Loan-To-Value Policy Strengthen Resilience of Banks to Property Price Shocks ¡V Evidence from Hong Kong," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 19(1), pages 120-149.
- Stephen Sheppard & Andrew Udell, 2016. "Do Airbnb Properties Affect House Prices?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Kuttner, Kenneth N. & Shim, Ilhyock, 2016.
"Can non-interest rate policies stabilize housing markets? Evidence from a panel of 57 economies,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 31-44.
- Kenneth N Kuttner & Ilhyock Shim, 2013. "Can non-interest rate policies stabilise housing markets? Evidence from a panel of 57 economies," BIS Working Papers 433, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kenneth N. Kuttner & Ilhyock Shim, 2013. "Can Non-Interest Rate Policies Stabilize Housing Markets? Evidence from a Panel of 57 Economies," NBER Working Papers 19723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gross, Marco & Población, Javier, 2017. "Assessing the efficacy of borrower-based macroprudential policy using an integrated micro-macro model for European households," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 510-528.
- Lerbs, Oliver & Voigtländer, Michael, 2017. "Ist eine makroprudenzielle Regulierung des deutschen Hypothekenmarktes geboten?," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-029, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Anne-Marie Brook, 2014. "Options to Narrow New Zealand’s Saving – Investment Imbalance," Treasury Working Paper Series 14/17, New Zealand Treasury.
- Borio, Claudio, 2014.
"The international monetary and financial system: its Achilles heel and what to do about it,"
Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper
203, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Claudio Borio, 2014. "The international monetary and financial system: its Achilles heel and what to do about it," BIS Working Papers 456, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner, 2014. "What do we know about the effects of macroprudential policy?," DNB Working Papers 440, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Costello, Greg & Ratti, Ronald, 2016. "House price cycles in Australia’s four largest capital cities," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 11-22.
- Eric Wong & Andrew Tsang & Steven Kong, 2014. "How Does Loan-To-Value Policy Strengthen Banks' Resilience to Property Price Shocks - Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 032014, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Longmei Zhang & Edda Zoli, 2014. "Leaning Against the Wind; Macroprudential Policy in Asia," IMF Working Papers 14/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Daniel Oda & Fernando Sepúlveda, 2014. "Uncovering Our Self-Imposed Limits: Changes in Loan-to-Value and The Mortgage Market," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 737, Central Bank of Chile.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; macroprudential regulation; dwelling prices; credit;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbaacv:acv2012-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.