Monetary policy challenges during the crisis in a small open dollarised economy: the case of Hungary
In: Capital flows, commodity price movements and foreign exchange intervention
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Bank for International Settlements in its series BIS Papers chapters with number
57-12.||Handle:|| RePEc:bis:bisbpc:57-12||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Cook & Woon Gyu Choi, 2002. "Liability Dollarization and the Bank Balance Sheet Channel," IMF Working Papers 02/141, International Monetary Fund.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2010. "Perspectives on inflation targeting, financial stability and the global crisis," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 51, April.
- Attila Csajbók & András Hudecz & Bálint Tamási, 2010. "Foreign currency borrowing of households in new EU member states," MNB Occasional Papers 2010/87, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Balázs Vonnák, 2010.
"Risk Premium Shocks, Monetary Policy And Exchange Rate Pass-Through In The Czech Republic, Hungary And Poland,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Balázs Vonnák, 2010. "Risk premium shocks, monetary policy and exchange rate pass-through in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland," MNB Working Papers 2010/1, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
- Paul Krugman, 1999. "Balance Sheets, the Transfer Problem, and Financial Crises," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 459-472, November.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2006.
"Financial dollarization: evaluating the consequences,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(45), pages 61-118, 01.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2005. "Financial Dollarisation: Evaluating The Consequences," Business School Working Papers findollarisation, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Eduardo Levy-Yeyati, 2004. "FINANCIAL DOLLARIZATION: Evaluating the consequences," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 184, Econometric Society.
- Julia Kiraly & Judit Antal & Marton Nagy & Viktor Szabo, 2008. "Retail credit expansion and external finance in Hungary: lessons from the recent past (1998–2007)," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial globalisation and emerging market capital flows, volume 44, pages 221-233 Bank for International Settlements.
- Judit Krekó & Marianna Endrész, 2010. "The role of foreign currency lending in the impact of the exchange rate on the real economy," MNB Bulletin, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary), vol. 5(1), pages 29-38, March.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza, 2003. "Currency Mismatches, Debt Intolerance and Original Sin: Why They Are Not the Same and Why it Matters," NBER Working Papers 10036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basso, Henrique S. & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar & Jurgilas, Marius, 2007. "Financial dollarization: the role of banks and interest rates," Working Paper Series 0748, European Central Bank.
- Christoph B. Rosenberg & Marcel TirpÃ¡k, 2008. "Determinants of Foreign Currency Borrowing in the New Member States of the EU," IMF Working Papers 08/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Andrés Velasco, 2004.
"Balance Sheets and Exchange Rate Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 1183-1193, September.
- Romain Ranciere & Aaron Tornell & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2010. "Currency mismatch, systemic risk and growth in emerging Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 25, pages 597-658, October.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Luis-Fernando Mejía, 2008.
"Systemic Sudden Stops: The Relevance Of Balance-Sheet Effects And Financial Integration,"
NBER Working Papers
14026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Luis Fernando Mejía, 2008. "Systemic Sudden Stops: The Relevance of Balance-Sheet Effects and Financial Integration," Research Department Publications 4581, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Judit Páles & Zsolt Kuti & Csaba Csávás, 2011. "The role of currency swaps in the domestic banking system and the functioning the swap market during the crisis," MNB Occasional Papers 2011/90, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisbpc:57-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.