Job Training Policy in the United States
- Christopher J. O'Leary(W.E. Upjohn Institute)Robert A. Straits(W.E. Upjohn Institute)Stephen A. Wandner(U.S. Department of Labor)
AbstractThis book provides a broad overview of federally funded job training programs as they exist today. The notable list of contributors review what training consists of and how training programs are implemented under WIA. In particular, they examine training service providers and methods of delivering training services, including the use of individual training accounts and eligible training provider lists.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits & Stephen A. Wandner (ed.), 2004. "Job Training Policy in the United States," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number jtp, November.Handle: RePEc:upj:ubooks:jtp
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter. All chapters are available at http://research.upjohn.org/up_press/142/.
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2004.
"Intergovernmental Relations in Employment Policy: The United States Experience,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Alain Noel (ed.), Federalism and Labour market Policy: Comparing Different Governance and Employment Strategies, pages 25-82
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2000. "Intergovernmental Relations and Employment Policy: The United States Experience," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 00-60, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John Burghardt & Peter Z. Schochet & Sheena McConnell & Terry Johnson & R. Mark Gritz & Steven Glazerman & John Homrighausen & Russell Jackson, "undated". "Does Job Corps Work? Summary of the National Job Corps Study," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 3d00dc5e556f4bdd88335dd90, Mathematica Policy Research.
- repec:upj:uchaps:rwecjooecd2004 is not listed on IDEAS
- John L. Palmer, 1987. "The Next Decade: The Economic, Political, And Social Context Of Employment And Training Policies," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 6(4), pages 685-694, May.
- John M. Barron & Mark C. Berger & Dan A. Black, 1997. "On-the-Job Training," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number ojt, November.
- Anu Rangarajan & Peter Z. Schochet & Dexter Chu & Timothy J. Bartik & Donald Oellerich, "undated". "Targeting Job Retention Services for Welfare Recipients," Mathematica Policy Research Reports ba13168babfb4563b89a2ed88, Mathematica Policy Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David E. Balducchi & Christopher J. O'Leary, 2017. "The Employment Service-Unemployment Insurance Partnership: Origin, Evolution, and Revitalization," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 17-269, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Erin Todd Bronchetti & Melissa McInerney, 2017. "Does Increased Access to Health Insurance Impact Claims for Workers' Compensation? Evidence from Massachusetts Health Care Reform," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 17-277, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Coleen K. Chrisinger, 2017. "Veterans in Workforce Development: Participation and Labor Market Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 17-274, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
More about this item
Keywordsjob training; workforce development; human capital; federal programs;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:ubooks:jtp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .