Job Training Policy in the United States
- Christopher J. O'Leary(W.E. Upjohn Institute)Robert A. Straits(W.E. Upjohn Institute)Stephen A. Wandner(U.S. Department of Labor)Registered editor(s):
This book provides a broad overview of federally funded job training programs as they exist today. The notable list of contributors review what training consists of and how training programs are implemented under WIA. In particular, they examine training service providers and methods of delivering training services, including the use of individual training accounts and eligible training provider lists.
|This book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number jtp and published in 2004.|
|ISBN:||cloth 9780880993074 paper 9780880993067|
|Note:||PDF is the book's first chapter. All chapters are available at http://research.upjohn.org/up_press/142/.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA|
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anu Rangarajan Peter Z Schochet Dexter Chu, 2002. "Targeting Job Retention Services for Welfare Recipients," Mathematica Policy Research Reports ba13168babfb4563b89a2ed88, Mathematica Policy Research.
- John Burghardt & Peter Z. Schochet & Sheena McConnell & Terry Johnson & R. Mark Gritz & Steven Glazerman & John Homrighausen & Russell Jackson, 2001. "Does Job Corps Work? Summary of the National Job Corps Study," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 3d00dc5e556f4bdd88335dd90, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2000.
"Intergovernmental Relations and Employment Policy: The United States Experience,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
00-60, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert A. Straits, 2004. "Intergovernmental Relations in Employment Policy: The United States Experience," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: Alain Noel (ed.), Federalism and Labour market Policy: Comparing Different Governance and Employment Strategies, pages 25-82 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John M. Barron & Mark C. Berger & Dan A. Black, 1997. "On-the-Job Training," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number ojt.
- repec:upj:uchaps:rwecjooecd2004 is not listed on IDEAS
- John L. Palmer, 1987. "The Next Decade: The Economic, Political, And Social Context Of Employment And Training Policies," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 6(4), pages 685-694, 05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:ubooks:jtp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed