Stabilizing an unstable economy: On the choice of proper policy measures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Asada, Toichiro & Chiarella, Carl & Flaschel, Peter & Mouakil, Tarik & Proaño, Christian R., 2009. "Stabilizing an unstable economy: on the choice of proper policy measures," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-50, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Semmler, Willi & Bernard, Lucas, 2012.
"Boom–bust cycles: Leveraging, complex securities, and asset prices,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 442-465.
- Willi Semmler & Lucas Bernard, 2011. "Boom-Bust Cycles: Leveraging, Complex Securities, and Asset Prices," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_034, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Dilip Abreu & Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2003. "Bubbles and Crashes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 173-204, January.
- H. Rose, 1967. "On the Non-Linear Theory of the Employment Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 153-173.
- Reiner Franke & Willi Semmler, 1999. "Bond Rate, Loan Rate and Tobin's q in a Temporary Equilibrium Model of the Financial Sector," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 351-385, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiarella Carl & Flaschel Peter & Köper Carsten & Proaño Christian & Semmler Willi, 2012. "Macroeconomic Stabilization Policies in Intrinsically Unstable Macroeconomies," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-38, April.
- Toichiro Asada, 2012. "Modeling financial instability," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 215-232.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2013.
"Public debt and full employment in a stock-flow consistent model of a corporate economy,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 511-528.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2011. "Public debt and full employment in a stock-flow consistent model of a corporate economy," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-26, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Soon Ryoo, 2016.
"Household debt and housing bubbles: a Minskian approach to boom-bust cycles,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 971-1006, December.
- Ryoo, Soon, 2015. "Household debt and housing bubble: A Minskian approach to boom-bust cycles," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-08, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Colacchio, Giorgio, 2014. "Taxation, income redistribution and debt dynamics in a seven-equation model of the business cycle," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 140-165.
- Toichiro Asada & Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel & Tarik Mouakil & Christian Proaño & Willi Semmler, 2011. "Stock‐Flow Interactions, Disequilibrium Macroeconomics And The Role Of Economic Policy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 569-599, July.
- Tianhao Zhi, 2016. "Animal Spirits and Financial Instability - A Disequilibrium Macroeconomic Perspective," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 28, january-d.
- Eleonora Cavallaro & Bernardo Maggi, 2014. "State of confidence, overborrowing and the macroeconomic stabilization puzzle," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2014/2, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2017.
"Fiscal and Monetary Policy Rules in an Unstable Economy,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 500-548, July.
- Ryoo, Soon & Skott, Peter, 2015. "Fiscal and monetary policy rules in an unstable economy," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Chiarella Carl & Di Guilmi Corrado, 2012. "The Fiscal Cost of Financial Instability," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-29, October.
- Westerhoff, Frank, 2011. "Interactions between the real economy and the stock market," BERG Working Paper Series 84, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel & Florian Hartmann & Roberto Veneziani, 2012. "Towards Keynesian DSGD (isequilibrium) Modelling: Real-Financial Market Interactions with Heterogeneous Expectations Dynamics," IMK Working Paper 93-2012, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Flaschel, Peter & Greiner, Alfred, 2012. "Flexicurity Capitalism: Foundations, Problems, and Perspectives," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199751587.
- Greg Hannsgen & Tai Young-Taft, 2015. "Inside Money in a Kaldor-Kalecki-Steindl Fiscal Policy Model: The Unit of Account, Inflation, Leverage, and Financial Fragility," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_839, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:eee:joecas:v:7:y:2010:i:2:p:105-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charpe, Matthieu & Flaschel, Peter & Hartmann, Florian & Proaño, Christian, 2011. "Stabilizing an unstable economy: Fiscal and monetary policy, stocks, and the term structure of interest rates," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2129-2136, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary business cycles; portfolio choice; (in-)stability; stabilizing policy measures;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .