Stabilizing an unstable economy: On the choice of proper policy measures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Asada, Toichiro & Chiarella, Carl & Flaschel, Peter & Mouakil, Tarik & Proaño, Christian R., 2009. "Stabilizing an unstable economy: on the choice of proper policy measures," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-50, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Semmler, Willi & Bernard, Lucas, 2012.
"Boom–bust cycles: Leveraging, complex securities, and asset prices,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 442-465.
- Willi Semmler & Lucas Bernard, 2011. "Boom-Bust Cycles: Leveraging, Complex Securities, and Asset Prices," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_034, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Dilip Abreu & Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2003. "Bubbles and Crashes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 173-204, January.
- H. Rose, 1967. "On the Non-Linear Theory of the Employment Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 153-173.
- Reiner Franke & Willi Semmler, 1999. "Bond Rate, Loan Rate and Tobin's q in a Temporary Equilibrium Model of the Financial Sector," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 351-385, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiarella Carl & Flaschel Peter & Köper Carsten & Proaño Christian & Semmler Willi, 2012. "Macroeconomic Stabilization Policies in Intrinsically Unstable Macroeconomies," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-38, April.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:91:y:2018:i:c:p:289-317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Toichiro Asada, 2012. "Modeling financial instability," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 215-232.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2013.
"Public debt and full employment in a stock-flow consistent model of a corporate economy,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 511-528.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2011. "Public debt and full employment in a stock-flow consistent model of a corporate economy," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-26, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Soon Ryoo, 2016.
"Household debt and housing bubbles: a Minskian approach to boom-bust cycles,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 971-1006, December.
- Ryoo, Soon, 2015. "Household debt and housing bubble: A Minskian approach to boom-bust cycles," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-08, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Salle, Isabelle & Seppecher, Pascal, 2018.
"Stabilizing an unstable complex economy on the limitations of simple rules,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 289-317.
- Isabelle Salle & Pascal Seppecher, 2017. "Stabilizing an Unstable Complex Economy," CEPN Working Papers hal-01527740, HAL.
- Isabelle Salle & Pascal Seppecher, 2017. "Stabilizing an Unstable Complex Economy-On the limitations of simple rules," CEPN Working Papers 2017-07, Centre d'Economie de l'Université de Paris Nord.
- Colacchio, Giorgio, 2014. "Taxation, income redistribution and debt dynamics in a seven-equation model of the business cycle," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 140-165.
- Toichiro Asada & Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel & Tarik Mouakil & Christian Proaño & Willi Semmler, 2011. "Stock‐Flow Interactions, Disequilibrium Macroeconomics And The Role Of Economic Policy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 569-599, July.
- Tianhao Zhi, 2016. "Animal Spirits and Financial Instability - A Disequilibrium Macroeconomic Perspective," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 28.
- Eleonora Cavallaro & Bernardo Maggi, 2014. "State of confidence, overborrowing and the macroeconomic stabilization puzzle," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2014/2, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Soon Ryoo & Peter Skott, 2017.
"Fiscal and Monetary Policy Rules in an Unstable Economy,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 500-548, July.
- Ryoo, Soon & Skott, Peter, 2015. "Fiscal and monetary policy rules in an unstable economy," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2015-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Chiarella Carl & Di Guilmi Corrado, 2012. "The Fiscal Cost of Financial Instability," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-29, October.
- Westerhoff, Frank, 2011. "Interactions between the real economy and the stock market," BERG Working Paper Series 84, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Matthieu Charpe & Peter Flaschel & Florian Hartmann & Roberto Veneziani, 2012. "Towards Keynesian DSGD (isequilibrium) Modelling: Real-Financial Market Interactions with Heterogeneous Expectations Dynamics," IMK Working Paper 93-2012, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Flaschel, Peter & Greiner, Alfred, 2012. "Flexicurity Capitalism: Foundations, Problems, and Perspectives," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199751587.
- Greg Hannsgen & Tai Young-Taft, 2015. "Inside Money in a Kaldor-Kalecki-Steindl Fiscal Policy Model: The Unit of Account, Inflation, Leverage, and Financial Fragility," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_839, Levy Economics Institute.
- repec:eee:joecas:v:7:y:2010:i:2:p:105-137 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charpe, Matthieu & Flaschel, Peter & Hartmann, Florian & Proaño, Christian, 2011. "Stabilizing an unstable economy: Fiscal and monetary policy, stocks, and the term structure of interest rates," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2129-2136, September.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary business cycles; portfolio choice; (in-)stability; stabilizing policy measures;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifweej:201021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.