Economic sociology in the UK
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lane, Christel, 1997. "The Social Regulation of Inter-firm Relations in Britain and Germany: Market Rules, Legal Norms and Technical Standards," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 197-215, March.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M, 1993. "Theories of Economic Evolution: A Preliminary Taxonomy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 61(2), pages 125-143, June.
- Rosemary Crompton & Fiona Harris, 1998. "Gender Relations and Employment: The Impact of Occupation," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 12(2), pages 297-315, June.
- Duncan Gallie & Dobrinka Kostova & Pavel Kuchar, 1999. "Employment Experience and Organisational Commitment: An East-West European Comparison," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 13(4), pages 621-641, December.
- Stephen Hill, 1991. "Why Quality Circles Failed but Total Quality Management Might Succeed," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 29(4), pages 541-568, December.
- Patrick McGovern & Veronica Hope-Hailey & Philip Stiles, 1998. "The Managerial Career after Downsizing: Case Studies from the `Leading Edge'," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 12(3), pages 457-477, September.
- David Knights & Darren McCabe, 1997. "‘How would you measure something like that?’: Quality in a Retail Bank," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 371-388, May.
- Paul Thompson & Terry Wallace & Jorg Flecker & Roland Ahlstrand, 1995. "It Ain't What You do, it's the Way that You do it: Production Organisation and Skill Utilisation in Commercial Vehicles," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 9(4), pages 719-742, December.
- Chris Smith & Peter Meiksins, 1995. "System, Society and Dominance Effects in Cross-National Organisational Analysis," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 9(2), pages 241-267, June.
- Stephen Hill, 2000. "Decentralization, Integration and the Post-Bureaucratic Organization: The Case of R&d," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 563-586, June.
- Gillian A. Dunne, 1998. "`Pioneers Behind Our Own Front Doors': Towards Greater Balance in the Organisation of Work in Partnerships," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 12(2), pages 273-295, June.
- David Knights & Darren McCabe, 1998. "Dreams and Designs on Strategy: A Critical Analysis of TQM and Management Control," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 12(3), pages 433-456, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anthony McDonnell & Jonathan Lavelle & Patrick Gunnigle, 2014. "Human Resource Management in Multinational Enterprises: Evidence From a Late Industrializing Economy," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 361-380, June.
- Tony Royle & Luis Ortiz, 2009. "Dominance Effects from Local Competitors: Setting Institutional Parameters for Employment Relations in Multinational Subsidiaries; a Case from the Spanish Supermarket Sector," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 653-675, December.
- van Hoorn, Andre, 2016. "How much does job autonomy vary across countries and other extra-organizational contexts?," MPRA Paper 80010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tasso Brandt & Torben Schubert, 2014. "Is the university model an organizational necessity? Scale and agglomeration effects in science," Chapters, in: Andrea Bonaccorsi (ed.), Knowledge, Diversity and Performance in European Higher Education, chapter 8, pages iii-iii, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mohan Pyari Maharjan & Tomoki Sekiguchi, 2016. "Human resource management practices at foreign-affiliated companies in least-developed regions: US and Japanese Companies in Nepal," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 15(2), pages 137-164, April.
- Tasso Brandt & Torben Schubert, 2013. "Is the university model an organizational necessity? Scale and agglomeration effects in science," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 94(2), pages 541-565, February.
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung (Berlin) (ed.), 2007. "Die Zukunft sozialer Sicherheit," Schriften zu Wirtschaft und Soziales, Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung e.V., Berlin, volume 2, number 2.
- Dang, Ai-Thu & Mangolte, Pierre-André, 2002.
"Endogénéisation des règles sociales et évolutionnisme culturel chez Friedrich A. Hayek,"
L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 78(3), pages 321-345, Septembre.
- Ai-Thu Dang & Pierre-André Mangolte, 2002. "Endogénéisation des règles sociales et évolutionnisme culturel chez Friedrich A. Hayek," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00129404, HAL.
- Ai-Thu Dang & Pierre-André Mangolte, 2002. "Endogénéisation des règles sociales et évolutionnisme culturel chez Friedrich A. Hayek," Post-Print hal-00129404, HAL.
- Carolina Cañibano & Jason Potts, 2019. "Toward an evolutionary theory of human capital," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 1017-1035, July.
- Bossink, B.A.G. & Blauw, Jan-Nico, 2003. "Strategic ambitions as drivers of improvement at Daimler Chrysler," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Chaumont-Chancelier Frederique, 1999. "Hayek's Complexity," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-22, December.
- Tony Edwards & Rocío Sánchez-Mangas & Patrice Jalette & Jonathan Lavelle & Dana Minbaeva, 2016. "Global standardization or national differentiation of HRM practices in multinational companies? A comparison of multinationals in five countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(8), pages 997-1021, October.
- Rahmeyer Fritz, 2013. "Schumpeter, Marshall, and Neo-Schumpeterian Evolutionary Economics: A Critical Stocktaking," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 233(1), pages 39-64, February.
- Jill RUBERY & Damian GRIMSHAW, 2001. "ICTs and employment: The problem of job quality," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 140(2), pages 165-192, June.
- McGovern, Patrick, 2014. "Contradictions at work: a critical review," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45188, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Shaun P. Hargreaves Heap, 2001. "Methodology now!," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 95-108.
- Evans Ana Maria, 2013. "Building institutional capacity: from pervasive individualism to sustained coordination in small firm sectors," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 163-186, August.
- Martin Raiser, 1997. "Destruction, diversity, dialogue: Notes on the ethics of development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 39-57.
- Dirk Akkermans & Anne-Wil Harzing & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2010. "Cultural Accommodation and Language Priming," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 559-583, October.
- Carlos Garcia‐Pont & J. Ignacio Canales & Fabrizio Noboa, 2009. "Subsidiary Strategy: The Embeddedness Component," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 182-214, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:econso:155791. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mpigfde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mpigfde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.