Executive Short-Term Incentive, Risk-Taking And Leverage-Neutral Incentive Scheme
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Efraim Benmelech & Eugene Kandel & Pietro Veronesi, 2010.
"Stock-Based Compensation and CEO (Dis)Incentives,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1769-1820.
- Benmelech, Efraim & Kandel, Eugene & Veronesi, Pietro, 2007. "Stock-Based Compensation and CEO (Dis)Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 6515, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Efraim Benmelech & Eugene Kandel & Pietro Veronesi, 2008. "Stock-Based Compensation and CEO (Dis)Incentives," NBER Working Papers 13732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Fried, Jesse M. & Walker, David I., 2001. "Executive Compensation in America: Optimal Contracting or Extraction of Rents?," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt1x24r7st, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Bierens,Herman J., 2005.
"Introduction to the Mathematical and Statistical Foundations of Econometrics,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521834315, December.
- Bierens,Herman J., 2005. "Introduction to the Mathematical and Statistical Foundations of Econometrics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521542241, December.
- Manoj P. K, 2007. "ICT Industry In India: A Swot Analysis," Journal of Global Economy, Research Centre for Social Sciences,Mumbai, India, vol. 3(4), pages 263-278, December.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Fried, Jesse & Walker, David I, 2001.
"Executive Compensation in America: Optimal Contracting or Extraction of Rents,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3112, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk & Jesse M. Fried & David I. Walker, 2001. "Executive Compensation in America: Optimal Contracting or Extraction of Rents?," NBER Working Papers 8661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Cheng, 1997.
"Incentives, CEO Compensation, and Shareholder Wealth in a Dynamic Agency Model,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 72-105, September.
- Wang, C., 1995. "Incentives, CEO Compensation, and Shareholder Wealth in a Dynamic Agency Model," GSIA Working Papers 1995-08, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Wang, Cheng, 1997. "Incentives, CEO Compensation and Shareholder Wealth in a Dynamic Agency Model," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5170, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rui R. Zhao, 2008. "All-or-Nothing Monitoring," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1619-1628, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- David De Meza & David C Webb, 2004.
"Principal Agent Problems Under Loss Aversion: An Application to Executive Stock Options,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp478, Financial Markets Group.
- de Meza, David & Webb, David C., 2004. "Principal agent problems under loss aversion: an application to executive stock options," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24676, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen J. Perkins & Chris Hendry, 2005. "Ordering Top Pay: Interpreting the Signals," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(7), pages 1443-1468, November.
- Bruno S. Frey & Margit Osterloh, "undated".
"Yes, Managers Should be Paid Like Bureaucrats,"
IEW - Working Papers
187, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Margit Osterloh, 2004. "Yes, Managers Should Be Paid Like Bureaucrats," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-03, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Margit Osterloh, 2005. "Yes, Managers Should Be Paid Like Bureaucrats," CESifo Working Paper Series 1379, CESifo.
- Dirk Jenter & Fadi Kanaan, 2015.
"CEO Turnover and Relative Performance Evaluation,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 70(5), pages 2155-2184, October.
- Dirk Jenter & Fadi Kanaan, 2006. "CEO Turnover and Relative Performance Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 12068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenter, Dirk & Kanaan, Fadi, 2008. "CEO Turnover and Relative Performance Evaluation," Research Papers 1992, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Jenter, Dirk & Kanaan, Fadi, 2015. "CEO turnover and relative performance evaluation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64421, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carlos Jimenez & Jay Vega & Jennifer Yin, 2015. "Troubled Asset Relief Program’s Impact on Earnings informativeness: A Study of Compensation Contracts," Working Papers 0187acc, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Wim Fonteyne, 2007. "Cooperative Banks in Europe—Policy Issues," IMF Working Papers 07/159, International Monetary Fund.
- Alistair Bruce & Trevor Buck & Brian G. M. Main, 2005. "Top Executive Remuneration: A View from Europe," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(7), pages 1493-1506, November.
- Choe, Chongwoo, 2003. "Leverage, volatility and executive stock options," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 591-609, November.
- Erik Poutsma & Paul E. M. Ligthart & Roel Schouteten, 2005. "Employee Share Schemes in Europe. The Influence of US Multinationals," management revue - Socio-Economic Studies, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 16(1), pages 99-122.
- Sandy Fréret & Denis Maguain, 2017. "The effects of agglomeration on tax competition: evidence from a two-regime spatial panel model on French data," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 24(6), pages 1100-1140, December.
- Hwee Kwan Chow, 2014. "International Transmission Of Interest Rates And The Open Economy Trilemma In Asia," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 59(03), pages 1-18.
- Arun S. Malik & Stephen C. Smith, 2012.
"Adaptation To Climate Change In Low-Income Countries: Lessons From Current Research And Needs From Future Research,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 1-22.
- Stephen C. Smith & Arun S. Malik, 2012. "Adaptation to Climate Change in Low-Income Countries: Lessons from Current Research and Needs from Future Research," Working Papers 2012-8, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Ben-Nasr, Hamdi & Ghouma, Hatem, 2018. "Employee welfare and stock price crash risk," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 700-725.
- Hüttenbrink, Alexander & Oehmichen, Jana & Rapp, Marc Steffen & Wolff, Michael, 2014. "Pay-for-performance – Does one size fit all? A multi-country study of Europe and the United States," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1179-1192.
- Kenneth L. Sørensen & Rune Vejlin, 2014.
"Return To Experience And Initial Wage Level: Do Low Wage Workers Catch Up?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 984-1006, September.
- Kenneth L. Sørensen & Rune Vejlin, 2012. "Return to Experience and Initial Wage Level: Do Low Wage Workers Catch Up?," Economics Working Papers 2012-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Zhang, Min & Liu, Yaosong & Xie, Lu & Ye, Tingting, 2017. "Does the cutoff of “red capital” raise a red flag? Political connections and stock price crash risk," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 89-109.
- Xu, Nianhang & Li, Xiaorong & Yuan, Qingbo & Chan, Kam C., 2014. "Excess perks and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 419-434.
- Huang, Bin & Wang, Qihua, 2010. "Semiparametric analysis based on weighted estimating equations for transformation models with missing covariates," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(9), pages 2078-2090, October.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Li Li & Mary L. Z. Ma & Frank M. Song, 2013. "CEO Option Compensation, Risk-Taking Incentives, and Systemic Risk in the Banking Industry," Working Papers 182013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Muhammad Sadiq & Shafi Mohamad & Wing Chong Garrett Kwong, 2019. "Do CEO Incentives Mediate the Relationship between Political Influences and Financial Reporting Quality?," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(3), pages 276-284, March.
More about this item
KeywordsExecutive compensations; leverage-neutral bonus scheme; bonus cap; risk-taking; JEL Classifications: G3; JEL Classifications: G38; JEL Classifications: J33; JEL Classifications: M52;
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:afexxx:v:07:y:2012:i:01:n:s2010495212500030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/afe/afe.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.