Conditional aid effectiveness: A meta-study
One branch of the aid effectiveness literature (AEL) analyzes conditional models where aid effectiveness depends upon a conditioning variable z. The leading candidates for z are a good policy index and aid itself, so that the model has an aid squared term. In this paper, meta-analysis techniques are used (i) to determine whether the AEL has established the said interaction terms, and (ii) to identify some of the determinants of the differences in results between studies. We find no support for conditionality with respect to policy, nor with respect to aid itself. Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 22 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orley Ashenfelter & Colm Harmon & Hessel Oosterbeek, 2000.
"A Review of Estimates of the Schooling/Earnings Relationship, with Tests for Publication Bias,"
NBER Working Papers
7457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Harmon, Colm & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1999. "A review of estimates of the schooling/earnings relationship, with tests for publication bias," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 453-470, November.
- Ashenfelter, O. & Harmon, C. & Oosterbeek, H., 1999. "A Review of Estimates of the Schooling/ Earnings Relationship, with tests for Publication Bias," Papers 99/20, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- T. D. Stanley, 2005. "Beyond Publication Bias," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 309-345, 07.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2005. "Aid Effectiveness on Growth. A Meta Study," Economics Working Papers 2005-13, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor & Martin Paldam, 2005. "Does development aid help poor countries catch up?," Economics Working Papers 2005-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Charles C. Chang & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Luis Serven, 1998.
"Measuring Aid Flows: A New Approach,"
Research Department Publications
4146, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Charles C. Chang & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Luis Servén, 1998. "Measuring Aid Flows: A New Approach," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6447, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Chang, Charles C. & Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo & Serven, Luis, 1999. "Measuring aid flows : a new approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2050, The World Bank.
- Paul Collier & David Dollar, 2004. "Development effectiveness: what have we learnt?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(496), pages F244-F271, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:22:y:2010:i:4:p:391-410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.