A critique of the World Health Organisation's evaluation of health system performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Hollingsworth & P.J. Dawson & N. Maniadakis, 1999. "Efficiency measurement of health care: a review of non‐parametric methods and applications," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 161-172, July.
- Greene, William, 2001. "New Developments in the Estimation of Stochastic Frontier Models with Panel Data," Efficiency Series Papers 2001/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2001. "Measuring equity in health care financing - reflections on (and alternatives to) the World Health Organization's fairness of financing index," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2550, The World Bank.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Gearhart, 2016. "No theory: an explanation of the lack of consistency in cross-country health care comparisons using non-parametric estimators," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Costa -Font, Joan & Forns, Joan Rovira & Sato, Azusa, 2015. "Participatory health system priority setting: Evidence from a budget experiment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 182-190.
- Mário Amorim Lopes & Carlos Soares & Álvaro Almeida, 2015. "Comparing Comparables: An Approach To Accurate Cross-Country Comparisons Of Health Systems For Effective Healthcare Planning And Policy Guidance," FEP Working Papers 563, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Nigel Rice & Silvana Robone & Peter C. Smith, 2012.
"Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in cross‐country comparative analyses,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(2), pages 337-369, April.
- Nigel Rice & Silvana Robone & Peter Smith, 2009. "Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in crosscountry comparative analyses," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Sharon Hadad & Yossi Hadad & Tzahit Simon-Tuval, 2013. "Determinants of healthcare system’s efficiency in OECD countries," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(2), pages 253-265, April.
- Franken, Margreet & Koolman, Xander, 2013. "Health system goals: A discrete choice experiment to obtain societal valuations," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 28-34.
- Kjeld Møller Pedersen, 2002. "The World Health Report 2000: dialogue of the deaf?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 93-101.
- Asrul Shafie & Mohamed Hassali, 2011. "Is There a Role for Pharmacoeconomics in Developing Countries?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 83-84, January.
- Wente, Tobias & Vauth, Christoph, 2003. "Internationales Benchmarking von Gesundheitssystemen - Ansatz zur Problemlösung?," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-286, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:12:y:2003:i:5:p:355-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .