Global Crisis, Environment Volatility and Expansion of Tthe Indian Leather Industry
The present paper attempts to fill in the gap that exists in the Indian Leather industry, and makes some suggestions regarding the expansion of the by examining technical efficiency (TE) of individual leather producing firms for some selected years since the early-1980s. Analyzing the industryâ€™s firm-level data through the Data Envelopment Analysis the paper observes a significant positive association between a firmâ€™s size and its TE, but no such conclusive relation between a firmâ€™s age and TE. It also finds significant variation in TE across firms in different groups of states as well as under different organizational structures. [Working Paper 426]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008. "Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Kankana Mukherjee & Subhash C. Ray, 2005.
"Technical Efficiency And Its Dynamics In Indian Manufacturing: An Inter State Analysis,"
Indian Economic Review,
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 101-125, December.
- Kankana Mukherjee & Subhash C. Ray, 2004. "Technical Efficiency and Its Dynamics in Indian Manufacturing: An Inter-State Analysis," Working papers 2004-18, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Subhash C. Ray, 2012. "Technical Efficiency In The Indian Textiles Industry: A Non‐Parametric Analysis Of Firm‐Level Data," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 109-124, 01.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Subhash C. Ray, 2007. "Technical Efficiency in the Indian Textiles Industry: A Nonparametric Analysis of Firm-Level Data," Working papers 2007-49, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- T. A. Bhavani, 1991. "Technical Efficiency in Indian Modern Small Scale Sector: An Application of Frontier Production function," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 149-166, July.
- Aly, Hassan Y, et al, 1990. "Technical, Scale, and Allocative Efficiencies in U.S. Banking: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 211-218, May.
- Banker, Rajiv D., 1984. "Estimating most productive scale size using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-44, July.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Lall, Somik V. & Rodrigo, G. Chris, 2001. "Perspectives on the Sources of Heterogeneity in Indian Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2127-2143, December.
- Lall,Somik V. & Rodrigo,Gerard Christopher, 2000. "Perspectives on the sources of heterogeneity in Indian industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2496, The World Bank.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Pradip Maiti, 2007. "Efficiency of Indian Manufacturing Firms: Textile Industry as a Case Study," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(1), pages 71-88, April.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990. "Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2500. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.