Technical Efficiency And Its Dynamics In Indian Manufacturing: An Inter State Analysis
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Kankana Mukherjee & Subhash C. Ray, 2004. "Technical Efficiency and Its Dynamics in Indian Manufacturing: An Inter-State Analysis," Working papers 2004-18, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1994. "Testing the Convergence Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 576-579, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
" Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 427-443, December.
- Quah, Danny, 1993. "Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," CEPR Discussion Papers 820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Varian, Hal R, 1984. "The Nonparametric Approach to Production Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 579-597, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994.
"Cross-sectional regressions and the empirics of economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 739-747, April.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Cross-sectional regressions and the empirics of economic growth," Economics Working Papers 79, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Note: Ranking DMUs with Infeasible Super-Efficiency DEA Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(5), pages 705-710, May.
- Mitra, Arup & Varoudakis, Aristomene & Veganzones-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2002. "Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Indian States' Manufacturing: The Role of Infrastructure," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 395-426, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mazumdar, Mainak & Rajeev, Meenakshi & Ray, Subhash C., 2012.
"Sources of Heterogeneity in the Efficiency of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms,"
Indian Economic Review,
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 191-221.
- Subhash C Ray & Mainak Mazumdar & Meenakshi Rajeev, 2010. "Sources of Heterogeneity in the Efficiency of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms," Working Papers id:3334, eSocialSciences.
- Mainak Mazumdar & Meenakshi Rajeev & Subhash Ray, 2011. "Sources of Heterogeneity in the Efficiency of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms," Working papers 2011-22, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Pradip Maiti, 2007. "Efficiency of Indian Manufacturing Firms: Textile Industry as a Case Study," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(1), pages 71-88, April.
- Dipa Mukherjee & Rajarshi Majumder, 2007. "Efficiency, technological progress and regional comparative advantage: a study of the organized manufacturing sector in India," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 14(2), pages 23-54, December.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari, 2010. "Global Crisis, Environment Volatility and Expansion of Tthe Indian Leather Industry," Working Papers id:2500, eSocialSciences.
- Oleg Badunenko & Kiril Tochkov, 2010. "Soaring dragons, roaring tigers, growling bears," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(3), pages 539-570, July.
- Muhammad AFZAL & Maryam AYAZ, 2013. "Efficiency of Food Sector of Pakistan-A Dea Analysis," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1310-1330, October.
- Tariq Mahmood & Ejaz Ghani & Musleh Ud Din, 2015. "Are Our Export-Oriented Industries Technically More Efficient?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(2), pages 97-121.
- Tantri, Malini L., 2014. "Promises and paradoxes of SEZs expansion in India," Working Papers 331, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Malini L. Tantri, 2012. "Did the metamorphosis from Export Processing Zones to Special Economic Zones improve the efficiency of trade enclaves in India?," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 321-337, December.
- Anup Bhandari & Pradip Maiti, 2012. "Efficiency of the Indian leather firms: some results obtained using the two conventional methods," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 73-93, February.
- Arnab K. Deb & Subhash C. Ray, 2013. "Economic Reforms and Total Factor Productivity Growth of Indian Manufacturing: An Inter-State Analysis," Working papers 2013-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
More about this item
Keywordssuper efficiency; convergence; Markov chains.;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dse:indecr:v:40:y:2005:i:2:p:101-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deudein.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.