Technical Efficiency and Its Dynamics in Indian Manufacturing: An Inter-State Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kankana Mukherjee & Subhash C. Ray, 2005. "Technical Efficiency And Its Dynamics In Indian Manufacturing: An Inter State Analysis," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 101-125, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1261-1264.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Mitra, Arup & Varoudakis, Aristomene & Veganzones-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2002. "Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Indian States' Manufacturing: The Role of Infrastructure," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 395-426, January.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1994. "Testing the Convergence Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 576-579, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1078-1092.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
" Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 427-443, December.
- Quah, Danny, 1993. "Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," CEPR Discussion Papers 820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Varian, Hal R, 1984. "The Nonparametric Approach to Production Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 579-597, May.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994.
"Cross-sectional regressions and the empirics of economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 739-747, April.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Cross-sectional regressions and the empirics of economic growth," Economics Working Papers 79, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Note: Ranking DMUs with Infeasible Super-Efficiency DEA Models," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 705-710.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mazumdar, Mainak & Rajeev, Meenakshi & Ray, Subhash C., 2012.
"Sources of Heterogeneity in the Efficiency of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms,"
Indian Economic Review,
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 191-221.
- Subhash C Ray & Mainak Mazumdar & Meenakshi Rajeev, 2010. "Sources of Heterogeneity in the Efficiency of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms," Working Papers id:3334, eSocialSciences.
- Mainak Mazumdar & Meenakshi Rajeev & Subhash Ray, 2011. "Sources of Heterogeneity in the Efficiency of Indian Pharmaceutical Firms," Working papers 2011-22, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Arnab K. Deb & Subhash C. Ray, 2013. "Economic Reforms and Total Factor Productivity Growth of Indian Manufacturing: An Inter-State Analysis," Working papers 2013-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Pradip Maiti, 2007. "Efficiency of Indian Manufacturing Firms: Textile Industry as a Case Study," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(1), pages 71-88, April.
- Dipa Mukherjee & Rajarshi Majumder, 2007. "Efficiency, technological progress and regional comparative advantage: a study of the organized manufacturing sector in India," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 14(2), pages 23-54, December.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari, 2010. "Global Crisis, Environment Volatility and Expansion of Tthe Indian Leather Industry," Working Papers id:2500, eSocialSciences.
- Muhammad AFZAL & Maryam AYAZ, 2013. "Efficiency of Food Sector of Pakistan-A Dea Analysis," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 1310-1330, October.
- Tariq Mahmood & Ejaz Ghani & Musleh Ud Din, 2015. "Are Our Export-Oriented Industries Technically More Efficient?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(2), pages 97-121.
- Anup Bhandari & Pradip Maiti, 2012. "Efficiency of the Indian leather firms: some results obtained using the two conventional methods," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 73-93, February.
More about this item
Keywordssuper efficiency; convergence; Markov chains.;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2004-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .