Measuring production efficiency of small firms in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mead, Donald C., 1994. "The contribution of small enterprises to employment growth in southern and eastern Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1881-1894, December.
- Nafziger, E. Wayne & Terrell, Dek, 1996. "Entrepreneurial human capital and the long-run survival of firms in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 689-696, April.
- Lockheed, Marlaine E & Jamison, Dean T & Lau, Lawrence J, 1980. "Farmer Education and Farm Efficiency: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 37-76, October.
- Darby, Michael R, 1984.
"The U.S. Productivity Slowdown: A Case of Statistical Myopia,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 301-322, June.
- Michael R. Darby, 1982. "The U.S. Productivity Slowdown: A Case of Statistical Myopia," NBER Working Papers 1018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael R. Darby, 1983. "The U.S. Productivity Slowdown: A Case of Statistical Myopia," UCLA Economics Working Papers 304, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Michael R. Darby, 1982. "The U.S. Productivity Slowdown: A Case of Statistical Myopia," UCLA Economics Working Papers 266, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1989.
"The Growth and Failure of U. S. Manufacturing Plants,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 671-698.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "The Growth And Failure Of U.S. Manufacturing Plants," Papers 1-87-5, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Aly, Hassan Y, et al, 1990. "Technical, Scale, and Allocative Efficiencies in U.S. Banking: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 211-218, May.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- McDonald, John F & Moffitt, Robert A, 1980. "The Uses of Tobit Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 318-321, May.
- Bjurek, Hans & Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Forsund, Finn R., 1990. "Deterministic parametric and nonparametric estimation of efficiency in service production : A comparison," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 213-227.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Rangan, Nanda & Grabowski, Richard & Aly, Hassan Y. & Pasurka, Carl, 1988. "The technical efficiency of US banks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 169-175.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Ijaz Nabi, 1989. "Investment in Segmented Capital Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(3), pages 453-462.
- Gang, Ira N., 1992. "Small firm "presence" in Indian manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1377-1389, September.
- Robert E. Lucas & Jr., 1967. "Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 321-321.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Derya Fındık & Aysıt Tansel, 2013.
"Intangible investment and Technical efficiency: The case of software-intensive manufacturing firms in Turkey,"
EY International Congress on Economics I (EYC2013), October 24-25, 2013, Ankara, Turkey
235, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- Derya Findik & Aysit Tansel, 2015. "Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1506, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Aug 2015.
- Derya Findik & Aysit Tansel, 2015. "Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1511, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Fındık, Derya & Tansel, Aysit, 2013. "Intangible investment and technical efficiency: The case of software-intensive manufacturing firms in Turkey," MPRA Paper 66165, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2014.
- Fındık, Derya & Tansel, Aysit, 2013. "Intangible investment and technical efficiency: The case of software-intensive manufacturing firms in Turkey," MPRA Paper 65955, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2014.
- Findik, Derya & Tansel, Aysit, 2015. "Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 9262, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ke Li & Jie Zhang & Yihua Yu & Zhibiao Liu, 2010. "Does Market‐Oriented Economic Transition Enhance Enterprise Productivity? Evidence From China'S Enterprises," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 719-742, December.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Yesuf Mohammednur Awel & Jonse Bane Boka & Hiywot Menker & Ajebush Shafi & Eleni Yitbarek & Mulatu Zerihun, 2019. "Impact of Credit and Training on Enterprise Performance: Evidence from Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers PMMA 2019-13, PEP-PMMA.
- Diego F. Grijalva & Valeria Ayala & Paúl A. Ponce & Yelitza Pontón, 2018. "Does firm innovation lead to high growth? Evidence from Ecuadorian firms," Revista Cuadernos de Economía, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID, vol. 37(75), pages 697-726, May.
- Justin van der Sluis & Mirjam van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Selection and Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-046/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Sep 2004.
- Ülengin, Füsun & Kabak, Özgür & Önsel, Sule & Aktas, Emel & Parker, Barnett R., 2011. "The competitiveness of nations and implications for human development," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 16-27, March.
- Abid A. Burki & Haq Nawaz Shah, 1998. "Stochastic Frontier and Technical Efficiency of Farms in Irrigated Areas of Pakistan's Punjab," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 275-291.
- Ondersteijn, C. J. M. & Giesen, G. W. J. & Huirne, R. B. M., 2003. "Identification of farmer characteristics and farm strategies explaining changes in environmental management and environmental and economic performance of dairy farms," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 31-55, October.
- Navyashree G. R. & Savita Bhat, 2016. "ICT Investments and Growth of Small and Medium Firms: A Study of Food Processing Industry in India," Working Papers id:11306, eSocialSciences.
- Nichter, Simeon & Goldmark, Lara, 2009. "Small Firm Growth in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1453-1464, September.
- Matthew McCartney, 2016. "Costs, Capabilities, Conflict and Cash: The Problem of Technology and Sustainable Economic Growth in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 21(Special E), pages 65-98, September.
- Navyashree G. R. & Savita Bhat, 2018. "ICT Investments and Growth of Small and Medium Firms: A Study of Food Processing Industry in India," Working Papers id:12731, eSocialSciences.
- Saif asif Khan & Sajawal Khan, 2011. "Optimal Taxation, Inflation and the Formal and Informal Sectors," SBP Working Paper Series 40, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Idrees Khawaja & Nasir Iqbal, 2019. "Determinants of Expansion of Micro and Small Firms and State of Entrepreneurship in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2019:160, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Franck M. Adoho & Djeneba Doumbia, 2017.
"Informal sector heterogeneity and income inequality: Evidence from the Democratic Republic of Congo,"
447, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Adoho,Franck M. & Doumbia,Djeneba, 2018. "Informal sector heterogeneity and income inequality : evidence from the Democratic Republic of Congo," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8328, The World Bank.
- Le, Viet & Vu, Xuan-Binh (Benjamin) & Nghiem, Son, 2018. "Technical efficiency of small and medium manufacturing firms in Vietnam: A stochastic meta-frontier analysis," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 84-91.
- Sutter, Christopher & Bruton, Garry D. & Chen, Juanyi, 2019. "Entrepreneurship as a solution to extreme poverty: A review and future research directions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 197-214.
- Y C Ng & M K Chang, 2003. "Impact of computerization on firm performance: a case of Shanghai manufacturing enterprises," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 54(10), pages 1029-1037, October.
- Kistruck, Geoffrey M. & Webb, Justin W. & Sutter, Christopher J. & Bailey, Anastasia V.G., 2015. "The double-edged sword of legitimacy in base-of-the-pyramid markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 436-451.
- Fernandes, Ana M., 2008.
"Firm Productivity in Bangladesh Manufacturing Industries,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1725-1744, October.
- Fernandes, Ana Margarida, 2006. "Firm Productivity in Bangladesh Manufacturing Industries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3988, The World Bank.
- Derya Findik & Aysit Tansel, 2015. " Intangible Investment and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Software-Intensive Manufacturing Firms in Turkey," Working Papers 2015/11, Turkish Economic Association.
- Fernández Olmos, Marta, 2010. "The performance implications of "grow or buy" decisions in the wine industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 256-264, June.
- Rajesh SN Raj & Kunal Sen, 2016. "Moving out of the bottom of the economy? Constraints to firm transition in the Indian informal manufacturing sector," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Falciola, Justine & Jansen, Marion & Rollo, Valentina, 2020. "Defining firm competitiveness: A multidimensional framework," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 129(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:1:p:155-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.