Technical Efficiency in the Indian Textiles Industry: A Nonparametric Analysis of Firm-Level Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Subhash C. Ray, 2012. "Technical Efficiency In The Indian Textiles Industry: A Non‐Parametric Analysis Of Firm‐Level Data," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 109-124, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Subhash Ray & Kankana Mukherjee, 2003. "Does the Presence of Surplus Labor Hinder Production in Indian Manufacturing?," Working papers 2003-48, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- D.S. Prasada Rao & Christopher J. O'Donnell & George E. Battese, 2003. "Metafrontier Functions for the Study of Inter-regional Productivity Differences," CEPA Working Papers Series WP012003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Mitra, Arup & Varoudakis, Aristomene & Veganzones-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2002. "Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Indian States' Manufacturing: The Role of Infrastructure," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 395-426, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari & Vipin V, 2018. "Does Export Intensity Affect Firm Performance? Evidence from Basic Metal Industry in India," Working Papers id:12767, eSocialSciences.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari, 2010. "Global Crisis, Environment Volatility and Expansion of Tthe Indian Leather Industry," Working Papers id:2500, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis; Meta-Frontier; Technology Closeness ratio;
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2008-01-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2008-01-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2008-01-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2007-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.