Peanut price transmission asymmetry in peanut butter
Price transmission asymmetry for peanuts used in peanut butter was examined using monthly data from 1984 to 1992. Results show an incomplete price passthrough from the wholesale to the retail level. Furthermore, the results indicate that the initial price response of peanut butter price to a reduction in peanut prices occurs later than the response to an increase in peanut prices. The price transmission is asymmetric in the short-run but symmetric in the long-run. © 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 11 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Christopher, 1993. "Price adjustment and market structure," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 139-143.
- Kesavan, T. & Aradhyula, Satheesh V. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1992. "Dynamics and Price Volatility in Farm-Retail Livestock Price Relationships," Staff General Research Papers 549, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Bessler, David A., 1990. "The Corn-Egg Price Transmission Mechanism," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Kesavan, T. & Aradhyula, Satheesh V. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1992. "Dynamics And Price Volatility In Farm-Retail Livestock Price Relationships," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:11:y:1995:i:1:p:13-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.