The Poverty Impacts of Climate Change
Over the last century, the world has seen a sustained decline in the proportion of people living in poverty. However, there is an increasing concern that climate change could slow or possibly even reverse poverty reduction progress. Given the complexities involved in analyzing climate change impacts on poverty, different approaches can be helpful. This note surveys the results of recent research on climate change impacts on poverty.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 51 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: http://www.worldbank.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacoby, Hanan & Rabassa, Mariano & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2011. "Distributional implications of climate change in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5623, The World Bank.
- Ahmed, Syud Amer & Diffenbaugh, Noah S. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Ramankutty, Navin & Rios, Ana R. & Rowhani, Pedram, 2009.
"Climate Volatility and Poverty Vulnerability in Tanzania,"
2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
49358, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ahmed , Syud Amer & Diffenbaugh, Noah S. & Hertel , Thomas W. & Lobell, David B. & Ramankutty, Navin & Rios, Ana R. & Rowhani, Pedram, 2009. "Climate volatility and poverty vulnerability in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5117, The World Bank.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Essama-Nssah, B. & Katayama, Roy S., 2011.
"Too little too late : welfare impacts of rainfall shocks in rural Indonesia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5615, The World Bank.
- Emmanuel Skoufias & Roy S. Katayama & B. Essama-Nssah, 2012. "Too little too late: welfare impacts of rainfall shocks in rural Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 351-368, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:prmecp:ep51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Jelenic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.