Relevance Of The Optimum Currency Areas Model For The Process Of European Monetary Integration Within The New Context Of Crisis
Over the time, the Euro area proved to be an experimental region, an analytical model for the process of monetary integration, therefore a support for the development of the concept of optimum currency area. The global financial and economic crisis which started in 2007 and which changed the landscape of the European economic and momentary union may bring new observations regarding this concept and may strengthen or reformulate specific criteria, reason why we conducted this study.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13 Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucuresti|
Phone: 004 021 3182419
Fax: 004 021 3182419
Web page: http://www.icfm.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Vincenzo Galasso, 2008.
"The Euro and Structural Reforms,"
NBER Working Papers
14479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Vincenzo Galasso, 2011. "The Euro and Structural Reforms," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 2(1).
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Vincenzo Galasso, 2010. "The Euro and Structural Reforms," NBER Chapters, in: Europe and the Euro, pages 57-93 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Domenico Giannone & Michèle Lenza & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008.
"Business Cycles in the euro Area,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_040, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Domenico Giannone & Michele Lenza, 2009. "Business cycles in the euro area," Research Bulletin, European Central Bank, vol. 8, pages 5-7.
- Domenico Giannone & Michele Lenza & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2010. "Business Cycles in the Euro Area," NBER Chapters, in: Europe and the Euro, pages 141-167 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Domenico Giannone & Michele Lenza & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008. "Business Cycles in the Euro Area," NBER Working Papers 14529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giannone, Domenico & Lenza, Michele & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2009. "Business Cycles in the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 7124, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2000. "Convergence of fiscal policies in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0020, European Central Bank.
- Alberto Alesina & Francesco Giavazzi, 2010. "Europe and the Euro," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ales08-1.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:15:y:2011:i:4:p:94-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Mateescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.