Relevance Of The Optimum Currency Areas Model For The Process Of European Monetary Integration Within The New Context Of Crisis
Over the time, the Euro area proved to be an experimental region, an analytical model for the process of monetary integration, therefore a support for the development of the concept of optimum currency area. The global financial and economic crisis which started in 2007 and which changed the landscape of the European economic and momentary union may bring new observations regarding this concept and may strengthen or reformulate specific criteria, reason why we conducted this study.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3182419
Fax: 004 021 3182419
Web page: http://www.icfm.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Vincenzo Galasso, 2010.
"The Euro and Structural Reforms,"
in: Europe and the Euro, pages 57-93
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Vincenzo Galasso, 2008. "The Euro and Structural Reforms," NBER Working Papers 14479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Vincenzo Galasso, 2008. "The Euro and Structural Reforms," Working Papers 344, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2000. "Convergence of fiscal policies in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0020, European Central Bank.
- Domenico Giannone & Michele Lenza & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008.
"Business Cycles in the Euro Area,"
NBER Working Papers
14529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giannone, Domenico & Lenza, Michele & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2009. "Business Cycles in the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 7124, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Domenico Giannone & Michèle Lenza & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2008. "Business Cycles in the euro Area," Working Papers ECARES 2008_040, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alberto Alesina & Francesco Giavazzi, 2010. "Europe and the Euro," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ales08-1, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:15:y:2011:i:4:p:94-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Mateescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.