Environmental Constraints on Hydropower: An Ex Post Benefit-Cost Analysis of Dam Relicensing in Michigan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berrens, Robert P. & Bohara, Alok K. & Jenkins-Smith, Hank & Silva, Carol L. & Ganderton, Philip & Brookshire, David, 1998. "A joint investigation of public support and public values: case of instream flows in New Mexico," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 189-203, November.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & Shaw, W. Douglass & Ragland, Shannon E. & Callaway, J. Mac & Keefe, Sally, 1996. "Using Actual And Contingent Behavior Data With Differing Levels Of Time Aggregation To Model Recreation Demand," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Brian K. Edwards & Silvio J. Flaim & Richard E. Howitt, 1999. "Optimal Provision of Hydroelectric Power under Environmental and Regulatory Constraints," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(2), pages 267-283.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pérez-Díaz, Juan I. & Wilhelmi, José R., 2010. "Assessment of the economic impact of environmental constraints on short-term hydropower plant operation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7960-7970, December.
- Pérez-Díaz, J.I. & Millán, R. & García, D. & Guisández, I. & Wilhelmi, J.R., 2012. "Contribution of re-regulation reservoirs considering pumping capability to environmentally friendly hydropower operation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 144-152.
- Guisández, Ignacio & Pérez-Díaz, Juan I. & Wilhelmi, José R., 2013. "Assessment of the economic impact of environmental constraints on annual hydropower plant operation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1332-1343.
- Chen, Min & Lupi, Frank, 2013. "Modeling Long Overnight Trips by Chaining Recreation Sites," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150489, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Niu, Shilei & Insley, Margaret, 2013.
"On the economics of ramping rate restrictions at hydro power plants: Balancing profitability and environmental costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 39-52.
- Shilei Niu & Margaret Insley, 2010. "On the Economics of Ramping Rate Restrictions at Hydro Power Plants: Balancing Profitability and Environmental Costs," Working Papers 1017, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2010.
- Kern, Jordan D. & Characklis, Gregory W., 2017. "Low natural gas prices and the financial cost of ramp rate restrictions at hydroelectric dams," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 340-350.
- repec:zwi:journl:y:2009 is not listed on IDEAS
- HÃ¥kansson, Cecilia, 2007. "Cost-benefit analysis and valuation uncertainty," Department of Forest Economics publications 1432, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of forest economics.
- Lee, Yoon & Yoon, Taeyeon & Shah, Farhed A., 2009. "Economics of Integrated Watershed and Reservoir Management," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49478, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Graff Zivin, Joshua S. & Kotchen, Matthew J. & Mansur, Erin T., 2014.
"Spatial and temporal heterogeneity of marginal emissions: Implications for electric cars and other electricity-shifting policies,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 248-268.
- Joshua S. Graff Zivin & Matthew Kotchen & Erin T. Mansur, 2012. "Spatial and Temporal Heterogeneity of Marginal Emissions: Implications for Electric Cars and Other Electricity-Shifting Policies," NBER Working Papers 18462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yu, Bing & Xu, Linyu, 2016. "Review of ecological compensation in hydropower development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 729-738.
- Sheila M. Olmstead, 2010. "The Economics of Managing Scarce Water Resources," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 179-198, Summer.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Laura E. Grant, 2011.
"Does Daylight Saving Time Save Energy? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Indiana,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1172-1185, November.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Laura E. Grant, 2008. "Does Daylight Saving Time Save Energy? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Indiana," NBER Working Papers 14429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lea Kosnik, 2010. "Balancing Environmental Protection and Energy Production in the Federal Hydropower Licensing Process," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(3).
- Borisova, Tatiana & Bi, Xiang & Hodges, Alan & Holland, Stephen, 2017. "Is the tide is changing? Assessing costs and benefits of dam removal and river restoration: a case study in Florida," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252833, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Knoche, Scott & Lupi, Frank, 2007. "Valuing deer hunting ecosystem services from farm landscapes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 313-320, December.
More about this item
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:82:y:2006:i:3:p:384-403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.