Government Regulation and the Quality of Healthcare: Evidence from Minimum Staffing Legislation for Nursing Homes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charlene Harrington & David Zimmerman & Sarita L. Karon & James Robinson & Patricia Beutel, 2000. "Nursing Home Staffing and Its Relationship to Deficiencies," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 55(5), pages 278-287.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-1346, December.
- Janet Currie & Mehdi Farsi & W. Bentley Macleod, 2005.
"Cut to the Bone? Hospital Takeovers and Nurse Employment Contracts,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 58(3), pages 471-493, April.
- Janet Currie & Mehdi Farsi & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2003. "Cut to the Bone? Hospital Takeovers and Nurse Employment Contracts," NBER Working Papers 9428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet Currie & Mehdi Farsi & W. Bentley MacLeod, 2004. "Cut to the Bone? Hospital Takeovers and Nurse Employment Contracts," Working Papers 864, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Cawley, John & Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2006. "Factor substitution in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 234-247, March.
- Evans, William N. & Kim, Beomsoo, 2006. "Patient outcomes when hospitals experience a surge in admissions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 365-388, March.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John R. Bowblis & Andrew Ghattas, 2017. "The Impact of Minimum Quality Standard Regulations on Nursing Home Staffing, Quality, and Exit Decisions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 50(1), pages 43-68, February.
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_951 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haizhen Lin, 2014. "Revisiting the relationship between nurse staffing and quality of care in nursing homes: An instrumental variables approach," Working Papers 2014-01, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Lin, Haizhen, 2014. "Revisiting the relationship between nurse staffing and quality of care in nursing homes: An instrumental variables approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 13-24.
- repec:tpr:amjhec:v:4:y:2018:i:2:p:131-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yaa Akosa Antwi & John R. Bowblis, 2018.
"The Impact of Nurse Turnover on Quality of Care and Mortality in Nursing Homes: Evidence from the Great Recession,"
American Journal of Health Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2), pages 131-163, Spring.
- Yaa Akosa Antwi & John R. Bowblis, 2016. "The Impact of Nurse Turnover on Quality of Care and Mortality in Nursing Homes: Evidence from the Great Recession," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 16-249, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:49:y:2014:i:1:p:32-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.