The Effect of State Funeral Regulations on Cremations Rates: Testing for Demand Inducement in Funeral Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, September.
- Maloney, Michael T & McCormick, Robert E, 1982. "A Positive Theory of Environmental Quality Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 99-123, April.
- Ekelund, Robert B, Jr & Ford, George S, 1997. "Nineteenth Century Urban Market Failure?: Chadwick on Funeral Industry Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 27-51, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canofari Paolo & Marini Giancarlo & Scaramozzino Pasquale, 2014. "To sleep, perchance to dream: Prices for burial spaces in US states," wp.comunite 0114, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Mario Pagliero & Edward Timmons, 2012. "Occupational Regulation in the European Legal Market," Working papers 27, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Fiona M. Scott Morton, 2008. "State Casket Sales Restrictions: A Pointless Undertaking?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Daniel J. Smith & Noah J. Trudeau, 2019. "The Undertaker’s Cut: Challenging the Rational Basis for Casket Licensure," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 34(Summer 20), pages 23-41.
- Judith Chevalier & Fiona Scott Morton, 2006. "State Casket Sales and Restrictions: A Pointless Undertaking?," NBER Working Papers 12012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2013.
"The impact of potential labor supply on licensing exam difficulty,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-152.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 53, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2013.
- Francisco Marcos, 2003. "La economÃa funeraria: demanda y oferta en el mercado de servicios funerarios," Working Papers Economia wpe03-18, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Lori Parcel, 2008. "Stiff Competition: Vertical Relationships in Cremation Services," Discussion Papers 07-041, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2011. "What is the objective of professional licensing? Evidence from the US market for lawyers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 473-483, July.
- Lefgren Lars & McIntyre Frank L & Miller Michelle, 2010. "Chapter 7 or 13: Are Client or Lawyer Interests Paramount?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-46, September.
- repec:inr:wpaper:248290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Canofari & Giancarlo Marini & Pasquale Scaramozzino, 2013. "To Sleep, Perchance to Dream: Prices for Funeral Homes in US States," CEIS Research Paper 260, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Jan 2013.
- Canofari, Paolo & Marini, Giancarlo & Scaramozzino, Pasquale, 2017. "The importance of being remembered: Prices for cemetery plots in the US," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 638-645.
- Pizzola, Brandon & Tabarrok, Alexander, 2017. "Occupational licensing causes a wage premium: Evidence from a natural experiment in Colorado’s funeral services industry," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 50-59.
- Thierry Blayac & Patrice Bougette & Christian Montet, 2014.
"How consumer information curtails market power in the funeral industry,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 421-437, June.
- Thierry BLAYAC & Patrice BOUGETTE & Christian MONTET, 2012. "How Consumer Information Curtails Market Power in the Funeral Industry," Working Papers 12-12, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Apr 2012.
- Patrice Bougette & Thierry Blayac & Christian Montet, 2014. "How Consumer Information Curtails Market Power in the Funeral Industry," Post-Print halshs-00726794, HAL.
- repec:inr:wpaper:248291 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jerry Ellig, 2015. "State funeral regulations: inside the black box," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 97-123, August.
- David E. Harrington & Jaret Treber, 2020. "Constraining Competition With State Mandated Facility Requirements," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(4), pages 659-674, October.
- Alison Cathles & David E. Harrington & Kathy Krynski, 2010. "The Gender Gap in Funeral Directors: Burying Women with Ready‐to‐Embalm Laws?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 688-705, December.
- Mario Pagliero & Edward Timmons, 2013. "Occupational Regulation in the European Legal Market," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 243-265, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Thijs Vandemoortele & Koen Deconinck, 2014.
"When Are Private Standards More Stringent than Public Standards?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(1), pages 154-171.
- Thijs Vandemoortele, 2011. "When are Private Standards more Stringent then Public Standards?," LICOS Discussion Papers 29611, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Vandemoortele, Thijs, 2011. "When are Private Standards more Stringent than Public Standards?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115544, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thijs Vandemoortele & Koen Deconinck, 2013. "When are Private Standards more Stringent than Public Standards?," LICOS Discussion Papers 33313, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arora, Seema & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 1995. "Toward a theoretical model of voluntary overcompliance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 289-309, December.
- E. Villemeur & Helmuth Cremer & Bernard Roy & Joëlle Toledano, 2007.
"Worksharing, access and bypass: the structure of prices in the postal sector,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 67-85, August.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Roy, Bernard & Toledano, Joëlle & de Villemeur, Étienne, 2005. "Worksharing, Access and Bypass: The Structure of Prices in the Postal Sector," IDEI Working Papers 360, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Oct 2006.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Helmut Cremer & Bernard Roy & Joëlle Toledano, 2007. "Worksharing, access and bypass: the structure of prices in the postal sector," Post-Print hal-02665882, HAL.
- Jianqiang Zhang & Weijun Zhong & Shue Mei, 2012. "Competitive effects of informative advertising in distribution channels," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 561-584, September.
- Francisco B. Galarza & Gabriella Wong, 2017. "The Impact of Price Information on Consumer Behavior: An Experiment," Working Papers 2017-106, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shapiro, Carl, 2007.
Handbook of Law and Economics, in: A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell (ed.), Handbook of Law and Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 1073-1225,
- Louis Kaplow & Carl Shapiro, 2007. "Antitrust," NBER Working Papers 12867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shapiro, Carl, 2007. "Antitrust," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt9pt7p9bm, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A. & Kotsogiannis, Christos, 2006.
"Federal tax autonomy and the limits of cooperation,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 317-329, March.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A. & Kotsogiannis, Christos, 2005. "Federal tax autonomy and the limits of cooperation [Föderale Steuerautonomie und die Grenzen der Kooperation]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2005-18, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Kevin Guittet, 2004. "Optimal structure of air transport services when environnemental costs are taken into account," Post-Print hal-01022242, HAL.
- Aurora García‐Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís, 2009. "Market Effects of Changes in Consumers' Social Responsibility," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 235-262, March.
- Roland Vaubel, 2008. "The political economy of labor market regulation by the European Union," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 435-465, December.
- Leonard J. Mirman & Egas M. Salgueiro & Marc Santugini, 2013. "Integrating Real and Financial Decisions of the Firm," Cahiers de recherche 1333, CIRPEE.
- McCarthy, Ian M., 2016.
"Advertising intensity and welfare in an equilibrium search model,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 20-26.
- Ian McCarthy, 2008. "Advertising Intensity and Welfare in an Equilibrium Search Model," CAEPR Working Papers 2008-003, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Kathryn E. Spier, 2003. "“Tied to the Mast”: Most-Favored-Nation Clauses in Settlement Contracts," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 91-120, January.
- Musso, Enrico & Ferrari, Claudio & Benacchio, Marco, 2006. "Port Investment: Profitability, Economic Impact and Financing," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 171-218, January.
- Thomas Grandner, 2006. "A Note on Franchising and Wage Bargaining," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 87(3), pages 281-293, April.
- MartIÂ´nez-Sánchez, Francisco, 2010. "Avoiding commercial piracy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 398-408, December.
- Brassel, S. & Rozanova, O. & Towse, A., 2019. "The WHO Technical Report on the Pricing of Cancer Medicines: Missing a central role for HTA and value assessment," Research Papers 002154, Office of Health Economics.
- Anna Nagurney & Dong Li, 2014. "Equilibria and dynamics of supply chain network competition with information asymmetry in quality and minimum quality standards," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 285-315, July.
- Qu, Zhan & Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2018.
"Incentives through inventory control in supply chains,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 486-513.
- Qu, Zhan & Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2017. "Incentives through Inventory Control in Supply Chains," KCG Working Papers 7, Kiel Centre for Globalization (KCG).
- Zhan Qu & Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2017. "Incentives through Inventory Control in Supply Chains," CESifo Working Paper Series 6705, CESifo.
- Vincent Mak & Amnon Rapoport & Eyran J. Gisches & Jiaojie Han, 2014. "Purchasing Scarce Products Under Dynamic Pricing: An Experimental Investigation," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 16(3), pages 425-438, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:45:y:2002:i:1:p:199-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.