Aggregate Effects of Gender Gaps in the Labor Market: A Quantitative Estimate
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dhritman Bhattacharya & Nezih Guner & Gustavo Ventura, 2013.
"Distortions, Endogenous Managerial Skills and Productivity Differences,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(1), pages 11-25, January.
- Bhattacharya, Dhritiman & Guner, Nezih & Ventura, Gustavo, 2011. "Distortions, Endogenous Managerial Skills and Productivity Differences," IZA Discussion Papers 5963, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dhritiman Bhattacharya & Nezih Guner & Gustavo Ventura, 2012. "Distortions, Endogenous Managerial Skills and Productivity Differences," Working Papers 673, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003. "Economic Growth, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262025531.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sandra E Black & Sissel Jensen & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2019.
"Breaking the Glass Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labour Market Outcomes in Norway,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 86(1), pages 191-239.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sandra E. Black & Sissel Jensen & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2014. "Breaking the Glass Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Norway," NBER Working Papers 20256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Black, Sandra E. & Jensen, Sissel & Lleras-Muney, Adriana, 2014. "Breaking the Glass Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Norway," IZA Discussion Papers 8266, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bertrand, Marianne & Black, Sandra E. & Jensen, Sissel & Lleras-Muney, Adriana, 2014. "Breaking the Glass Ceiling? The Effect of Board Quotas on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Norway," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 28/2014, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Francisco Parro, 2012. "International Evidence on the Gender Gap in Education over the Past Six Decades: A Puzzle and an Answer to It," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 150-185.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, June.
- Esteve-Volart, Berta, 2004.
"Gender discrimination and growth: theory and evidence from India,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6641, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Berta Esteve-Volart, 2004. "Gender Discrimination and Growth: Theory and Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 42, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- David Cuberes & Marc Teignier, 2014. "Gender Inequality And Economic Growth: A Critical Review," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 260-276, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephan Klasen, "undated". "From 'MeToo' to Boko Haram: A survey of levels and trends of gender inequality in the world," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 263, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Almarina Gramozi & Theodore Palivos & Marios Zachariadis, 2019. "Talent Misallocation in Europe," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 05-2019, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Susana Martínez-Restrepo & Juan Camilo Mejía & Erika Enríquez, 2016.
"Eliciting women's willingness to take a job. Evidence from displaced and extremely poor women in Cali, Colombia,"
Fedesarrollo, vol. 46(1), pages 149-173, June.
- Susana Martínez-Restrepo & Juan C. Mejía & Erika Enríquez, 2016. "Eliciting women’s willingness to take a job. Evidence from displaced and extremely poor women in Cali, Colombia," Working Papers Series. Documentos de Trabajo 014404, Fedesarrollo.
- Susana Martínez-Restrepo & Juan Camilo Mejía & Erika Enríquez, 2018. "Eliciting women’s willingness to take a job: evidence from displaced and extremely poor women in Cali, Colombia," Informes de Investigación 016105, Fedesarrollo.
- Purva Khera, 2018. "Closing Gender Gaps in India: Does Increasing Womens’ Access to Finance Help?," IMF Working Papers 18/212, International Monetary Fund.
- Cerciello, Massimiliano & Agovino, Massimiliano & Garofalo, Antonio, 2019. "The caring hand that cripples? The effects of the European regional policy on local labour market participation in Southern Italy," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Manu García & Manuel Yáñez, 2018. "Diversidad de Género en los Consejos: el caso de España tras la Ley de Igualdad," Studies on the Spanish Economy eee2018-29, FEDEA.
- Romina Kazandjian & Lisa Kolovich & Kalpana Kochhar & Monique Newiak, 2019. "Gender Equality and Economic Diversification," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-24, April.
- Cooke, Dudley & Fernandes, Ana P. & Ferreira, Priscila, 2019.
"Product market competition and gender discrimination,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 496-522.
- Dudley Cooke & Ana P. Fernandes & Priscila Ferreira, 2018. "Product market competition and gender discrimination," GEE Papers 00105, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised May 2018.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2020. "From ‘MeToo’ to Boko Haram: A survey of levels and trends of gender inequality in the world," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 128(C).
- Minasyan, Anna & Zenker, Juliane & Klasen, Stephan & Vollmer, Sebastian, 2019.
"Educational gender gaps and economic growth: A systematic review and meta-regression analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 199-217.
- Anna Minasyan & Juliane Zenker & Stephan Klasen & Sebastian Vollmer, 2018. "Educational Gender Gaps and Economic Growth: A Systematic Review and Meta-Regression Analysis," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 255, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Flabbi, Luca & Piras, Claudia & Tejada, Mauricio & Bustelo, Monserrat, 2020. "Female Labor Force Participation, Labor Market Dynamic and Growth in LAC," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 9420, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Sonali Jain-Chandra & Kalpana Kochhar & Monique Newiak & Yang Yang & Edda Zoli, 2018. "Gender Equality: Which Policies Have the Biggest Bang for the Buck?," IMF Working Papers 18/105, International Monetary Fund.
- Diego Aboal & Maren Vairo, 2018. "The impact of subsidies for researchers on the gender scientific productivity gap," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 515-532.
- Abdulla, Kanat, 2019. "Productivity gains from reallocation of talent in Brazil and India," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Elizabeta Tosheva & Monika Angeloska Dichovska, 2018. "Exploring Entrepreneurial Motivations And Barriers: A Study Of Women Bussines Owners In The Republic Of Macedonia," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 6, pages 23-36, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jhucap:doi:10.1086/683847. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JHC .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.