The Lion’s Share: An Experimental Analysis of Polygamy in Northern Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2010. "The lion’s share. An experimental analysis of polygamy in Northern Nigeria," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-27, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Kuhn & Jacques Robert, 1989.
"Seniority and Distribution in a Two-Worker Trade Union,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(3), pages 485-505.
- Peter Kuhn & Jacques Robert, 1988. "Seniority and Distribution in a Two-Worker Trade Union," Working Papers 615, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Harounan Kazianga & Stefan Klonner, 2009.
"The Intra-household Economics of Polygyny: Fertility and Child Mortality in Rural Mali,"
Economics Working Paper Series
0902, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Klonner, Stefan, 2009. "The Intra-household Economics of Polygyny: Fertility and Child Mortality in Rural Mali," MPRA Paper 12859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric D. Gould & Omer Moav & Avi Simhon, 2008.
"The Mystery of Monogamy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 333-357, March.
- Gould, Eric D. & Moav, Omer & Simhon, Avi, 2003. "The Mystery Of Monogamy," Discussion Papers 14992, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Avi Simhon & Eric D. Gould & Omer Moav, 2005. "The Mystery of Monogamy," 2005 Meeting Papers 370, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gould, Eric D & Moav, Omer & Simhon, Avi, 2004. "The Mystery of Monogamy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John A. Maluccio & John Hoddinott & Jere R. Behrman & Reynaldo Martorell & Agnes R. Quisumbing & Aryeh D. Stein, 2009. "The Impact of Improving Nutrition During Early Childhood on Education among Guatemalan Adults," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 734-763, April.
- Biorn, Erik, 2004. "Regression systems for unbalanced panel data: a stepwise maximum likelihood procedure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 281-291, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alistair Munro, 2014. "Hide and Seek: A Theory of Efficient Income Hiding within the Household," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-17, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Lecoutere, Els & Jassogne, Laurence, 2016. ""We're in this together": Changing intra-household decision making for more cooperative smallholder farming," IOB Working Papers 2016.02, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- repec:eee:jjieco:v:33:y:2014:i:c:p:114-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoel, Jessica B. & Hidrobo, Melissa & Bernard, Tanguy & Ashour, Maha, 2017.
"Productive inefficiency in dairy farming and cooperation between spouses: Evidence from Senegal:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1698, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tanguy Bernard & Jessica Hoel & Melissa Hidrobo & Maha Ashour, 2017. "Productive inefficiency in dairy farming and cooperation between spouses, evidence from Senegal," Working Papers hal-02146159, HAL.
- Munro, Alistair & Kebede, Bereket & Tarazona-Gomez, Marcela & Verschoor, Arjan, 2014.
"Autonomy and efficiency. An experiment on household decisions in two regions of India,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 114-133.
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2013. "Autonomy and Efficiency: An Experiment on Household Decisions in Two Regions of India," NBER Chapters, in: Experiments for Development: Achievements and New Directions, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julia Anna Matz, 2016.
"Productivity, Rank, and Returns in Polygamy,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(5), pages 1319-1350, October.
- Julia Anna Matz, 2011. "Productivity, Rank and Returns in Polygamy," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp390, IIIS, revised Jul 2012.
- Arjan Verschoor & Bereket Kebede & Alistair Munro & Marcela Tarazona, 2019.
"Spousal Control and Efficiency of Intra-household Decision-Making: Experiments among Married Couples in India, Ethiopia and Nigeria,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 31(4), pages 1171-1196, September.
- Arjan Verschoor & Bereket Kebede & Alistair Munro & Marcela Tarazona, 2017. "Spousal Control and Efficiency of Intra-Household Decision Making: Experiments among Married Couples in India, Ethiopia and Nigeria," GRIPS Discussion Papers 16-31, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Hélène Couprie & Elisabeth Cudeville & Catherine Sofer, 2017.
"Efficiency versus Gender Roles and Stereotypes: An Experiment in Domestic Production,"
THEMA Working Papers
2017-10, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Hélène Couprie & Elisabeth Cudeville & Catherine Sofer, 2019. "Efficiency versus gender roles and stereotypes: an experiment in domestic production," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-02129851, HAL.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:32:y:2018:i:1:p:134-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona & Alistair Munro & Arjan Verschoor, 2014.
"Intra-household Efficiency: An Experimental Study from Ethiopia,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 23(1), pages 105-150.
- Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona & Alistair Munro & Arjan Verschoor, 2011. "Intra-household efficiency; An experimental study from Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-01, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Kebede, Bereket & Munro, Alistair & Tarazona, Marcela & Verschoor, Arjan, 2013. "Intra-Household Efficiency: an Experimental Study from Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 012, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Holden, Stein & Bezu, Sosina, 2014. "Are Wives less Selfish than their Husbands? Evidence from Hawk-Dove Game Field Experiments," CLTS Working Papers 3/14, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies, revised 10 Oct 2019.
- Lépine, Aurélia & Strobl, Eric, 2013. "The Effect of Women’s Bargaining Power on Child Nutrition in Rural Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 17-30.
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2011.
"Autonomy or efficiency: An experiment on household decisions in two regions of India,"
Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS)
11-02, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2011. "Autonomy or Efficiency. An experiment on household decisions in two regions of India," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-33, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:doi:10.1086/700102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.