Regression systems for unbalanced panel data: a stepwise maximum likelihood procedure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baltagi, Badi H, 1980. "On Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Error Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1547-1551, September.
- Matyas, Laszlo & Lovrics, Laszlo, 1991. "Missing observations and panel data : A Monte-Carlo analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 39-44, September.
- Wansbeek, Tom & Kapteyn, Arie, 1989.
"Estimation of the error-components model with incomplete panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 341-361, July.
- Wansbeek, T.J. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1990. "Estimation of the error-components model with incomplete panels," Other publications TiSEM cce8fcd9-a6dc-4cab-83b7-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 1992. "A monotonic property for iterative GLS in the two-way random effects model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 45-51.
- Magnus, Jan R., 1982.
"Multivariate error components analysis of linear and nonlinear regression models by maximum likelihood,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 239-285, August.
- Magnus, J.R., 1982. "Multivariate error components analysis of linear and nonlinear regression models by maximum likelihood," Other publications TiSEM 9ffb33fe-f5af-470f-b405-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Chang, Young-Jae, 1994. "Incomplete panels : A comparative study of alternative estimators for the unbalanced one-way error component regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 67-89, June.
- Biorn, Erik, 1981. "Estimating economic relations from incomplete cross-section/time-series data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 221-236, June.
- Oberhofer, W & Kmenta, J, 1974. "A General Procedure for Obtaining Maximum Likelihood Estimates in Generalized Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 579-590, May.
- Knut R. Wangen & Erik Biørn, 2001. "Individual Heterogeneity and Price Responses in Tobacco Consumption: A Two-Commodity Analysis of Unbalanced Panel Data," Discussion Papers 294, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Avery, Robert B, 1977. "Error Components and Seemingly Unrelated Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 199-209, January.
- Breusch, Trevor S., 1987. "Maximum likelihood estimation of random effects models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 383-389, November.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1985. "Pooling cross-sections with unequal time-series lengths," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 133-136.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Biorn,E., 1999. "Estimating regression systems from unbalanced panel data : a stepwise maximum likelihood procedure," Memorandum 20/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Erik Biørn, 2014.
"Estimating SUR system with random coefficients: the unbalanced panel data case,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 451-468, September.
- Biørn, Erik, 2012. "Estimating SUR Systems with Random Coefficients: The Unbalanced Panel Data Case," Memorandum 22/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Biorn,E., 1999. "Random coefficients in regression equation systems : the case with unbalanced panel data," Memorandum 27/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Badi Baltagi & Seuck Song, 2006. "Unbalanced panel data: A survey," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 493-523, October.
- Platoni, Silvia & Barbieri, Laura & Moro, Daniele & Sckokai, Paolo, 2020. "Heteroscedastic stratified two-way EC models of single equations and SUR systems," Econometrics and Statistics, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 46-66.
- Verbeek, M.J.C.M. & Nijman, T.E., 1992. "Incomplete panels and selection bias : A survey," Discussion Paper 1992-7, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Biorn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2002.
"The Effect of Activity-Based Financing on Hospital Efficiency: A Panel Data Analysis of DEA Efficiency Scores 1992-2000,"
8099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biørn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "The effect of activity-based financing on hospital efficiency: A panel data analysis of DEA efficiency scores 1992-2000," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2002:8, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Peracchi, Franco & Welch, Finis, 1995.
"How representative are matched cross-sections? Evidence from the Current Population Survey,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 153-179, July.
- Paracchi, F. & Welch, F., 1992. "How Representative Are Matched Cross Sections? Evidence from the Current Population Survey," Working Papers 92-53, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges, 2011.
"Maximum likelihood estimation and Lagrange multiplier tests for panel seemingly unrelated regressions with spatial lag and spatial errors: An application to hedonic housing prices in Paris,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 24-42, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges, 2010. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Lagrange Multiplier Tests for Panel Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Spatial Lag and Spatial Errors: An Application to Hedonic Housing Prices in Paris," IZA Discussion Papers 5227, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yves Guillotin & Patrick Sevestre, 1994. "Estimations de fonctions de gains sur données de panel : endogéneité du capital humain et effets de la sélection," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 116(5), pages 119-135.
- Masako Ikefuji & Roger J. A. Laeven & Jan R. Magnus & Yuan Yue, 2018. "Earthquake risk embedded in property prices: Evidence from five Japanese cities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-061/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Davis, Peter, 2002. "Estimating multi-way error components models with unbalanced data structures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 67-95, January.
- Bhattacharya, Swapan K. & Bhattacharyay, Biswa N., 2007. "An empirical analysis on prospects and challenges of BIMSTEC-Japan trade integration," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 509-536, June.
- Verbeek, M.J.C.M. & Nijman, T.E., 1992. "Incomplete panels and selection bias : A survey," Other publications TiSEM 65401dae-613b-4e10-a8ae-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- H. Baltagi, Badi & Heun Song, Seuck & Cheol Jung, Byoung, 2001. "The unbalanced nested error component regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 357-381, April.
- Andrea Vaona & Mario Pianta, 2008.
"Firm Size and Innovation in European Manufacturing,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 283-299, March.
- Vaona, Andrea & Pianta, Mario, 2006. "Firm size and innovation in European manufacturing," Kiel Working Papers 1284, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Hamid Beladi & Nicholas S. P. Tay & Reza Oladi, 2011. "On Competition for Listings," Working Papers 0003, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Blanchard, Pierre & Matyas, Laszlo, 1996.
"Robustness of tests for error components models to non-normality,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 161-167, May.
- Blanchard, P. & Matyas, L., 1994. "Robustness of Tests for Error Component Models to Nonnormality," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/94, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Øivind A. Nilsen & Arvid Raknerud & Marina Rybalka & Terje Skjerpen, 2005. "Lumpy Investments, Factor Adjustments and Productivity," Discussion Papers 441, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Verbeek, Marno & Nijman, Theo, 1992.
"Testing for Selectivity Bias in Panel Data Models,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(3), pages 681-703, August.
- Verbeek, M. & Nijman, T., 1990. "Testing For Selectivity Bias In Panel Data Models," Papers 9018, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Verbeek, M.J.C.M. & Nijman, T.E., 1990. "Testing for selectivity bias in panel data models," Discussion Paper 1990-18, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:122:y:2004:i:2:p:281-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.