Regression systems for unbalanced panel data: a stepwise maximum likelihood procedure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oberhofer, W & Kmenta, J, 1974. "A General Procedure for Obtaining Maximum Likelihood Estimates in Generalized Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 579-590, May.
- Baltagi, Badi H, 1980. "On Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Error Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1547-1551, September.
- Matyas, Laszlo & Lovrics, Laszlo, 1991. "Missing observations and panel data : A Monte-Carlo analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 39-44, September.
- Knut R. Wangen & Erik Biørn, 2001. "Individual Heterogeneity and Price Responses in Tobacco Consumption: A Two-Commodity Analysis of Unbalanced Panel Data," Discussion Papers 294, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Li, Qi, 1992. "A monotonic property for iterative GLS in the two-way random effects model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 45-51.
- Avery, Robert B, 1977. "Error Components and Seemingly Unrelated Regressions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 199-209, January.
- Magnus, J.R., 1982. "Multivariate error components analysis of linear and nonlinear regression models by maximum likelihood," Other publications TiSEM 9ffb33fe-f5af-470f-b405-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Chang, Young-Jae, 1994. "Incomplete panels : A comparative study of alternative estimators for the unbalanced one-way error component regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 67-89, June.
- Biorn, Erik, 1981. "Estimating economic relations from incomplete cross-section/time-series data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 221-236, June.
- Wansbeek, Tom & Kapteyn, Arie, 1989. "Estimation of the error-components model with incomplete panels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 341-361, July.
- Breusch, Trevor S., 1987. "Maximum likelihood estimation of random effects models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 383-389, November.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1985. "Pooling cross-sections with unequal time-series lengths," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 133-136.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beatriz Muriel & Carlos Gustavo Machicado, 2012.
"Employment and Labor Regulation: Evidence from Manufacturing Firms in Bolivia, 1988-2007,"
Development Research Working Paper Series
07/2012, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Beatriz Muriel & Gustavo Machicado, 2014. "Employment and Labor Regulation: Evidence from Manufacturing Firms in Bolivia, 1988-2007," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0157, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele & Platoni, Silvia, 2008. "Farm-Level Data Model For Agricultural Policy Analysis: A Two-Way Ecm Approach," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6693, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kotakou, Christina A., 2011. "Panel Data Estimation Methods on Supply and Demand Elasticities: The Case of Cotton in Greece," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 43(01), February.
- Mitze, Timo & Stephan, Andreas, 2013. "Simultaneous-equations Analysis in Regional Science and Economic Geography," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 309, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Barge-Gil, Andrés & López, Alberto, 2014.
"R&D determinants: Accounting for the differences between research and development,"
Elsevier, pages 1634-1648.
- Barge-Gil, Andrés & López, Alberto, 2012. "R&D Determinants: accounting for the differences between research and development," MPRA Paper 41270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Veronesi, Marcella & Reutemann, Tim & Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2015.
"Designing REDD+ schemes when forest users are not forest landowners: Evidence from a survey-based experiment in Kenya,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 46-57.
- Veronesi, Marcella & Schlondorn, Tim & Zabel, Astrid & Engel, Stefanie, 2012. "Designing REDD+ Schemes to Address Permanence Concerns: Empirical Evidence from Kenya," Congress Papers 124131, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Marcella Veronesi & Tim Schloendorn & Astrid Zabel & Stefanie Engel, 2012. "Designing Redd+ Schemes When Forest Users Are Not Forest Landowners: Evidence From A Survey-Based Experiment In Kenya," Working Papers 15/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Hoveid, Oyvind & Raknerud, A., 2008. "Dynamics of income, wealth and capital in Norwegian farm household accounts: A state-space model," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44461, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ma, Shuzhong & Feng, Han, 2013. "Will the decline of efficiency in China's agriculture come to an end? An analysis based on opening and convergence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 179-190.
- Alaeifar, Mozhgan & Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo, 2014. "Scale economies and optimal size in the Swiss gas distribution sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 86-93.
- Luca Agnello & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2011. "Fiscal Consolidation and Income Inequality," NIPE Working Papers 34/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis, 2013.
"Estimating population dynamics without population data,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 510-522.
- Robert G. Chambers & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2012. "Estimating Population Dynamics without Population Data," Working Papers 1210, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Koutchadé, Philippe & Carpentier, Alain & Féménia, Fabienne, 2015. "Empirical modelling of production decisions of heterogeneous farmers with mixed models," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205098, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Koutchade, Philippe & Carpentier, Alain & Femenia, Fabienne, 2015. "Accounting for unobserved heterogeneity in micro-econometric agricultural production models: a random parameter approach," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212015, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Philippe Koutchade & Alain Carpentier & Fabienne Féménia, 2015. "Empirical modeling of production decisions of heterogeneous farmers with random parameter models," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-10, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Luca Agnello & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2012. "Fiscall Adjustments and Income Inequality:A First Assessment," NIPE Working Papers 19/2012, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Moro, Daniele & Sckokai, Paolo, 2011. "The impact of pillar I support on farm choices: conceptual and methodological challenges," 122nd Seminar, February 17-18, 2011, Ancona, Italy 99836, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2010. "The lion’s share. An experimental analysis of polygamy in Northern Nigeria," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-27, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Örn B. Bodvarsson & Brad R. Humphreys, 2013. "Labor Market Discrimination And Capital: The Effects Of Fan Discrimination On Stadium And Arena Construction," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 604-617, July.
- Biørn, Erik & Skjerpen, Terje & Wangen, Knut Reidar, 2004. "Can Random Coefficient Cobb-Douglas Production Functions Be Aggregated to Similar Macro Functions?," Memorandum 22/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Sauer, Johannes, 2011. "Natural Disasters and Agriculture: Individual Risk Preference towards Flooding," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115989, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Goto, Mika & Inoue, Tomohiro & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2013. "Structural reform of Japanese electric power industry: Separation between generation and transmission & distribution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 186-200.
- Yang, Juan & Mitchell, Paul D. & Gray, Michael & Steffey, Kevin, 2007. "Unbalanced Nested Component Error Model and the Value of Soil Insecticide and Bt Corn for Controlling Western Corn Rootworm," Staff Paper Series 510, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Moro, Daniele & Sckokai, Paolo, 2013. "The impact of decoupled payments on farm choices: Conceptual and methodological challenges," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 28-38.
- Platoni, Silvia & Sckokai, Paolo & Moro, Daniele, 2008. "Panel Data Estimation Techniques for Farm-level Data Model," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44268, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Amaresh Tiwari & Franz Palm, 2011. "Nonlinear Panel Data Models with Expected a Posteriori Values of Correlated Random Effects," CREPP Working Papers 1113, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:122:y:2004:i:2:p:281-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.