Literacy, Skills, and Welfare: Effects of Participation in Adult Literacy Programs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Niels-Hugo Blunch & Claus C Pörtner, 2005. "Literacy, Skills and Welfare: Effects of Participation in Adult Literacy Programs," Working Papers UWEC-2005-23-FC, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Dustmann & Francesca Fabbri, 2003.
"Language proficiency and labour market performance of immigrants in the UK,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(489), pages 695-717, July.
- Dustmann, Christian & Fabbri, Francesca, 2000. "Language Proficiency and Labour Market Performance of Immigrants in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 2487, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dustmann, Christian & Fabbri, Francesca, 2000. "Language Proficiency and Labour Market Performance of Immigrants in the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 156, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John H. Tyler & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2000.
"Do the Cognitive Skills of School Dropouts Matter in the Labor Market?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(4), pages 748-754.
- John H. Tyler & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 1999. "Do the Cognitive Skills of School Dropouts Matter in the Labor Market?," NBER Working Papers 7101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry R. Chiswick & Yew Liang Lee & Paul W. Miller, 2003.
"Schooling, Literacy, Numeracy and Labour Market Success,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(245), pages 165-181, June.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Lee, Yew Liang & Miller, Paul W., 2002. "Schooling, Literacy, Numeracy and Labor Market Success," IZA Discussion Papers 450, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mitra, Aparna, 2002. "Mathematics skill and male-female wages," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 443-456.
- Ishikawa, Mamoru & Ryan, Daniel, 2002. "Schooling, basic skills and economic outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 231-243, June.
- Daniel Ortega & Francisco RodrÃguez, 2008. "Freed from Illiteracy? A Closer Look at Venezuela's MisiÃ³n Robinson Literacy Campaign," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 1-30, October.
- Ribar, David C., 2004. "What Do Social Scientists Know About the Benefits of Marriage? A Review of Quantitative Methodologies," IZA Discussion Papers 998, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Green, David A. & Craig Riddell, W., 2003. "Literacy and earnings: an investigation of the interaction of cognitive and unobserved skills in earnings generation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 165-184, April.
- Moll, Peter G, 1998. "Primary Schooling, Cognitive Skills and Wages in South Africa," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(258), pages 263-284, May.
- Boissiere, M & Knight, J B & Sabot, R H, 1985. "Earnings, Schooling, Ability, and Cognitive Skills," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1016-1030, December.
- Murnane, Richard J & Willett, John B & Levy, Frank, 1995.
"The Growing Importance of Cognitive Skills in Wage Determination,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 251-266, May.
- Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett & Frank Levy, 1995. "The Growing Importance of Cognitive Skills in Wage Determination," NBER Working Papers 5076, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1986. "Evaluating the Effects of Optimally Distributed Public Programs: ChildHealth and Family Planning Interventions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 470-482, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deshpande, Ashwini & Desrochers, Alain & Ksoll, Christopher & Shonchoy, Abu S., 2017.
"The Impact of a Computer-based Adult Literacy Program on Literacy and Numeracy: Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 451-473.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Alain Desrochers & Christopher Ksoll & Abu S. Shonchoy, "undated". "The Impact of a Computer-Based Adult Literacy Program on Literacy and Numeracy: Evidence from India," Mathematica Policy Research Reports fed36baaa5b2462a879343d6f, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Deshpande, Ashwini & Desrochers, Alain & Ksoll, Christopher & Shonchoy, Abu S., 2016. "The impact of a computer based adult literacy program on literacy and numeracy : evidence from India," IDE Discussion Papers 551, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Ashwini Deshpande, Alain Desrochers, Christopher Ksoll, and Abu S. Shonchoy, 2016. "The Impact Of A Computer Based Adult Literacy Program On Literacy And Numeracy-Evidence From India," Working papers 251, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Blunch, Niels-Hugo, 2017.
"A Teenager in Love: Multidimensional Human Capital and Teenage Pregnancy in Ghana,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10663, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Blunch, Niels-Hugo, 2017. "A Teenager in Love: Multidimensional Human Capital and Teenage Pregnancy in Ghana," GLO Discussion Paper Series 36, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Christopher Ksoll, Janny Aker, Danielle Miller, Karla C. Perez-Mendoza, and Susan L. Smalley, 2014. "Learning without Teachers? A Randomized Experiment of a Mobile Phone-Based Adult Education Program in Los Angeles - Working Paper 368," Working Papers 368, Center for Global Development.
- Gundersen, Sara, 2016. "Disappointing returns to education in Ghana: A test of the robustness of OLS estimates using propensity score matching," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 74-89.
- repec:iza:izawol:y:journl:2017:n:374 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jenny C. Aker & Christopher Ksoll & Travis J. Lybbert, 2012. "Can Mobile Phones Improve Learning? Evidence from a Field Experiment in Niger," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 94-120, October.
- Barakat, Bilal, 2016. "Improving Adult Literacy Without Improving The Literacy of Adults? A Cross-National Cohort Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 242-257.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:doi:10.1086/661219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .