Forecasting the macro economy
This article examines Treasury's macroeconomic forecasting performance over the period from 1989-90 to 2003-04, with a focus on forecasts of nominal and real GDP, the GDP deflator, the unemployment rate, and CPI inflation.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.auEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morris Goldstein & John Hawkins, 1998. "The Origin of the Asian Financial Turmoil," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9805, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Fildes, Robert & Stekler, Herman, 2002. "The state of macroeconomic forecasting," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 435-468, December.
- Macfarlane, I J & Hawkins, J R, 1983. "Economic Forecasts and Their Assessment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 59(167), pages 321-31, December.
- Fildes, Robert & Stekler, Herman, 2002. "Reply to the comments on 'The state of macroeconomic forecasting'," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 503-505, December.
- I.J. Macfarlane & J.R. Hawkins, 1983. "Economic Forecasts and Their Assessment," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp8302, Reserve Bank of Australia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_2005_2_1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.