The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for nonlinear regression models
In this article, a general Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for nonlinear models is derived, which allows the diﬀerence in an outcome variable between two groups to be decomposed into several components. We show how, using nldecompose, this general decomposition can be applied to different models with discrete and limited dependent variables. We further demonstrate how the standard errors of the estimated components can be calculated by using Stata’s bootstrap command as a prefix. Copyright 2008 by StataCorp LP.
Volume (Year): 8 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.stata-journal.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.stata-journal.com/subscription.html|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Göhlmann, Silja & Sinning, Mathias, 2006.
"Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior,"
RWI Discussion Papers
44, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Bauer, Thomas & Göhlmann, Silja & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behaviour," CEPR Discussion Papers 5848, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Bauer & Silja Göhlmann & Mathias Sinning, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Göhlmann, Silja & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 2259, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Sinning, Mathias, 2006.
"An Extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition to Non-Linear Models,"
RWI Discussion Papers
49, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Thomas Bauer & Mathias Sinning, 2008. "An extension of the Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition to nonlinear models," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 92(2), pages 197-206, May.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014.
"The Absence of the African-American Owned Business: An Analysis of the Dynamics of Self-Employment,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt49c4n0fg, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fairlie, Robert W, 1999. "The Absence of the African-American Owned Business: An Analysis of the Dynamics of Self-Employment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 80-108, January.
- Reimers, Cordelia W, 1983. "Labor Market Discrimination against Hispanic and Black Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 570-79, November.
- David Neumark, 1987.
"Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination,"
Special Studies Papers
227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David Neumark, 1988. "Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- Even, William E. & Macpherson, David A., 1990. "Plant size and the decline of unionism," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 393-398, April.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 453-479, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsj:stataj:v:8:y:2008:i:4:p:480-492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)or (Lisa Gilmore)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.