Customer ownership of public utilities: new wine in old bottles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frey, Bruno S & Oberholzer-Gee, Felix, 1997. "The Cost of Price Incentives: An Empirical Analysis of Motivation Crowding-Out," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 746-755, September.
- Pierre BAUBY, 2012. "Local Services Of General Economic Interest In Europe. Water Services: What Are The Challenges?," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(4), pages 561-583, December.
- Spiller, Pablo T., 2013. "Transaction cost regulation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 232-242.
- Matthias Finger & Marc Laperrouza, 2011. "Liberalization of Network Industries in the European Union: Evolving Policy Issues," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Network Industries, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yadoo, Annabel & Cruickshank, Heather, 2010. "The value of cooperatives in rural electrification," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 2941-2947, June.
- Littlechild, Stephen, 1988. "Economic Regulation of Privatised Water Authorities and Some Further Reflections," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 40-68, Summer.
- Noll, Roger G., 1989. "Economic perspectives on the politics of regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1253-1287 Elsevier.
- Calzada, Joan & Dávalos, Arturo, 0. "Cooperatives in Bolivia: Customer ownership of the local loop," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5-6), pages 387-407, June.
- Wilson, Elizabeth J. & Plummer, Joseph & Fischlein, Miriam & Smith, Timothy M., 2008. "Implementing energy efficiency: Challenges and opportunities for rural electric co-operatives and small municipal utilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3383-3397, September.
- Yeti Nisha Madhoo, 2007. "International Trends In Water Utility Regimes," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(1), pages 87-135, March.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1991. "Economic Perspectives on Privatization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 111-132, Spring.
- Ute Dubois & Roxana Saplacan, 2010. "Public Service Perspectives On Reforms Of Electricity Distribution And Supply: A Modular Analysis," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 313-356, June.
- Giuseppe Bognetti & Gabriel Obermann, 2008. "Liberalization And Privatization Of Public Utilities: Origins Of The Debate, Current Issues And Challenges For The Future," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(3-4), pages 461-485, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marina Schenkel, 2013. "Lo sviluppo partirà dai territori?," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(2), pages 202-206.
- Holstenkamp, Lars & Kahla, Franziska, 2016. "What are community energy companies trying to accomplish? An empirical investigation of investment motives in the German case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 112-122.
- Laura Abrardi & Luca Colombo & Pier Angelo Mori, 2016.
"Customer Ownership And Quality Provision In Public Services Under Asymmetric Information,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(3), pages 1499-1518, July.
- Laura Abrardi & Luca Colombo & Pier Angelo Mori, 2014. "Customer Ownership and Quality Provision in Public Services under Asymmetric Information," Euricse Working Papers 1467, Euricse (European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises).
- Pier Angelo MORI, 2014. "Community And Cooperation: The Evolution Of Cooperatives Towards New Models Of Citizens' Democratic Participation In Public Services Provision," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(3), pages 327-352, September.
- Carlo Borzaga & Silvia Sacchetti, 2015. "Why Social Enterprises Are Asking to Be Multi-stakeholder and Deliberative: An Explanation around the Costs of Exclusion," Euricse Working Papers 1575, Euricse (European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises).
- Nicola Doni & Pier Angelo Mori, 2014. "Pricing and Price Regulation in a Costumer-Owned Monopoly," Euricse Working Papers 1470, Euricse (European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises).
- Pier Angelo Mori, 2014. "Community and cooperation: the evolution of cooperatives towards new models of citizens� democratic participation in public services provision," Euricse Working Papers 1463, Euricse (European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises).
- Richard Meade & Magnus Soderberg, 2017. "Welfare-Maximising Investors? – Utility Firm Performance with Heterogeneous Quality Preferences and Endogenous Ownership," Working Papers 2017-09 JEL Classificatio, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Kahla, Franziska & Holstenkamp, Lars & Müller, Jakob R. & Degenhart, Heinrich, 2017.
"Entwicklung und Stand von Bürgerenergiegesellschaften und Energiegenossenschaften in Deutschland
[Development and State of Community Energy Companies and Energy Cooperatives in Germany]," MPRA Paper 81261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mumtaz Derya Tarhan, 2015. "Renewable Energy Cooperatives: A Review of Demonstrated Impacts and Limitations," Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises, vol. 4(1), pages 104-120, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCooperative enterprises; credit cooperatives;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- L44 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Antitrust Policy and Public Enterprise, Nonprofit Institutions, and Professional Organizations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trn:csnjrn:v:2:i:1:p:54-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Barbara Franchini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/euricit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.