Les Disparités De Taux D’Alphabétisation Selon Les Genres Dans Les Délégations Tunisiennes : Une Approche Par L’Économétrie Spatiale
The aim of this paper is to analyze the regional disparities of the literacy rates of the gender in Tunisia according to the latest population census of 2004. A spatial econometric model shows that different socio-economic factors appear particularly explain the literacy rates of the Tunisian districts and more pronounced for women : the level of urbanization, the unemployment rate, the size household, the housing quality, the enrollment rate for youth aged from 6 to 14 years and the awning a television as awareness tools. While the male literacy rate is higher than that of women for the all population in 2004, parity in youth is almost reached if we use the enrollment rate in primary, secondary and higher schools.
Volume (Year): 35 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://regionetdeveloppement.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christian Morrisson & Fabrice Murtin, 2010. "The Kuznets Curve of Education: A Global Perspective on Education Inequalities," CEE Discussion Papers 0116, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2013.
"Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 143-164.
- Mehtabul Azam & Geeta Kingdon, 2011. "Are girls the fairer sex in India? Revisiting intra-household allocation of education expenditure," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mehtabul Azam & Geeta Kingdon, 2011. "Are girls the fairer sex in India? Revisiting intra-household allocation of education expenditure," DoQSS Working Papers 11-03, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Mehtabul Azam & Geeta Kingdon, 2016. "Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure," Working Papers id:8425, eSocialSciences.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Kingdon, Geeta, 2011. "Are Girls the Fairer Sex in India? Revisiting Intra-Household Allocation of Education Expenditure," IZA Discussion Papers 5706, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Luisa GAGLIARDI & Marco PERCOCO, 2011. "Regional Disparities In Italy Over The Long Run: The Role Of Human Capital And Trade Policy," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 33, pages 81-105.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tou:journl:v:35:y:2012:p:177-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.