The Impact Of Structural Funds On The Italian Mezzogiorno, 1994-1999
This paper aims at providing empirical evidence of the impact of Structural Funds on the economies of Italian Objective 1 Regions (the "Mezzogiorno"). In particular, we consider the effect in terms of economic growth of the 1994-1999 Community Support Framework by using a simple supply-side model estimated with a panel of regional data over the period 1970- 1994. We find a high volatility in the level of growth rates induced by Structural Funds expenditure in six Southern regions (namely, Molise, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria and Sardinia).
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://regionetdeveloppement.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995.
"Industrial location and public infrastructure,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 335-351, November.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi, 2003.
"Between development and social policies: the impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions,"
European Economy Group Working Papers
28, European Economy Group.
- Andres RodrIguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi†, 2004. "Between Development and Social Policies: The Impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 97-113.
- Diego Puga, 2002.
"European regional policies in light of recent location theories,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 373-406, October.
- Puga, Diego, 2001. "European Regional Policies in Light of Recent Location Theories," CEPR Discussion Papers 2767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bradley, John & Modesto, Leonor & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon, 1995. "HERMIN : A macroeconometric modelling framework for the EU periphery," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-247, July.
- Philippe Martin, 1998. "Can Regional Policies Affect Growth and Geography in Europe?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 757-774, 08.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2008.
"Regional convergence and the impact of European structural funds over 1989-1999: A spatial econometric analysis,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 219-244, 06.
- Sandy Dall'erba & Julie Le Gallo, 2003. "Regional Convergence And The Impact Of European Structural Funds Over 1989-1999: A Spatial Econometric Analysis," Urban/Regional 0310005, EconWPA, revised 12 Feb 2004.
- Christodoulakis, Nicos M. & Kalyvitis, Sarantis C., 1998. "A four-sector macroeconometric model for Greece and the evaluation of the community support framework 1994-1999," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 575-620, October.
- Alfredo M. Pereira, 1999. "International Public Transfers and Convergence in the European Union," Public Finance Review, , vol. 27(2), pages 194-219, March.
- Sjed Ederveen & Joeri Gorter & Ruud de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2003. "Funds and Games: The Economics of European Cohesion Policy," Occasional Papers 03, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Philippe Martin, 1999. "Are European regional policies delivering?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/9343, Sciences Po.
- Bernard G. Funck & Lodovico Pizzati, 2003. "European Integration, Regional Policy, and Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15144.
- Christodoulakis, Nicos M. & Kalyvitis, Sarantis, 2000. "The Effects of the Second Community Support Framework 1994-99 on the Greek Economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 611-624, September.
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & Gaspar, Vitor, 1999. "An Intertemporal Analysis of Development Policies in the EU," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 799-822, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tou:journl:v:21:y:2005:p:141-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe Van Huffel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.