Munich as Germany's No. 1 High Technology Region: Empirical Evidence, Theoretical Explanations and the Role of Small Firm/Large Firm Relationships
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth Garnsey, 1998. "The Genesis of the High Technology Milieu: A Study in Complexity," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 361-377, September.
- S J Appold, 1998. "Labor-Market Imperfections and the Agglomeration of Firms: Evidence from the Emergent Period of the US Semiconductor Industry," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(3), pages 439-462, March.
- S J Appold, 1998. "Labor-market imperfections and the agglomeration of firms: evidence from the emergent period of the US semiconductor industry?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(3), pages 439-462, March.
- Rolf Sternberg, 1999. "Innovative Linkages and Proximity: Empirical Results from Recent Surveys of Small and Medium Sized Firms in German Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 529-540.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leydesdorff, Loet & Fritsch, Michael, 2006.
"Measuring the knowledge base of regional innovation systems in Germany in terms of a Triple Helix dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1538-1553, December.
- Leydesdorff, Loet & Fritsch, Michael, 2005. "Measuring the Knowledge Base of Regional Innovation Systems in Germany in terms of a Triple Helix Dynamics," Freiberg Working Papers 2005,10, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dohse, Dirk, 2002. "The geography of new market firms in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa02p199, European Regional Science Association.
- Sternberg, Rolf & Wagner, Joachim, 2002.
"The role of the regional milieu for the decision to start a new firm: Empirical evidence for Germany,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa02p396, European Regional Science Association.
- Wagner, Joachim & Sternberg, Rolf, 2002. "The Role of the Regional Milieu for the Decision to Start a New Firm: Empirical Evidence for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 494, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:34:i:2:p:139-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, David & Souitaris, Vangelis, 2002. "Do Germany's federal and land governments (still) co-ordinate their innovation policies?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1123-1140, September.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel, 2003.
"Science-technology flows in Spanish regions: An analysis of scientific citations in patents,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1783-1803, December.
- Coronado, Daniel & Acosta, Manuel, 2002. "Science-technology flows in Spanish regions: an analysis of scientific citations in patents," ERSA conference papers ersa02p236, European Regional Science Association.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Martínez, M. Ángeles, 2012. "Spatial differences in the quality of university patenting: Do regions matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 692-703.
- Thomas Brenner & André Mühlig, 2007. "Factors and Mechanisms Causing the Emergence of Local Industrial Clusters - A Meta-Study of 159 Cases," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2007-23, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Stahlecker, Thomas & Koch, Andreas, 2004. "On the significance of economic structure and regional innovation systems for the foundation of knowledge-intensive business services," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R1/2004, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Tödtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela & Lengauer, Lukas, 2008.
"Towards regional knowledge economics. Routes and policy options,"
266, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Franz Tödtling & Michaela Trippl & Lukas Lengauer, 2008. "Towards Regional Knowledge Economies: Routes and Policy Options," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2008_05, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2009. "What do we know about clusters? In search of effective cluster policies," MPRA Paper 43848, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Thomas Brenner, 2006. "Identification of Local Industrial Clusters in Germany," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 991-1004.
- Ibert, Oliver, 2004. "Projects and firms as discordant complements: organisational learning in the Munich software ecology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1529-1546, December.
- Dariusz Wojcik, 2002. "The La¨nder are the Building Blocks of the German Capital Market," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 877-895.
- Dirk Dohse & Sven-Christian Steude, 2003. "Concentration, Coagglomeration and Spillovers: The Geography of New Market Firms in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa03p230, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsHigh Technology Industries; Munich; Siemens; Germany; Innovative Milieu; Networking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:33:y:1999:i:4:p:367-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .