Munich as Germany's No. 1 High Technology Region: Empirical Evidence, Theoretical Explanations and the Role of Small Firm/Large Firm Relationships
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth Garnsey, 1998. "The Genesis of the High Technology Milieu: A Study in Complexity," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 361-377, September.
- S J Appold, 1998. "Labor-Market Imperfections and the Agglomeration of Firms: Evidence from the Emergent Period of the US Semiconductor Industry," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(3), pages 439-462, March.
- S J Appold, 1998. "Labor-market imperfections and the agglomeration of firms: evidence from the emergent period of the US semiconductor industry?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(3), pages 439-462, March.
- Rolf Sternberg, 1999. "Innovative Linkages and Proximity: Empirical Results from Recent Surveys of Small and Medium Sized Firms in German Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 529-540.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leydesdorff, Loet & Fritsch, Michael, 2006.
"Measuring the knowledge base of regional innovation systems in Germany in terms of a Triple Helix dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1538-1553, December.
- Leydesdorff, Loet & Fritsch, Michael, 2005. "Measuring the Knowledge Base of Regional Innovation Systems in Germany in terms of a Triple Helix Dynamics," Freiberg Working Papers 2005,10, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dohse, Dirk, 2002. "The geography of new market firms in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa02p199, European Regional Science Association.
- Sternberg, Rolf & Wagner, Joachim, 2002.
"The role of the regional milieu for the decision to start a new firm: Empirical evidence for Germany,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa02p396, European Regional Science Association.
- Wagner, Joachim & Sternberg, Rolf, 2002. "The Role of the Regional Milieu for the Decision to Start a New Firm: Empirical Evidence for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 494, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:34:i:2:p:139-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, David & Souitaris, Vangelis, 2002. "Do Germany's federal and land governments (still) co-ordinate their innovation policies?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1123-1140, September.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel, 2003.
"Science-technology flows in Spanish regions: An analysis of scientific citations in patents,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1783-1803, December.
- Coronado, Daniel & Acosta, Manuel, 2002. "Science-technology flows in Spanish regions: an analysis of scientific citations in patents," ERSA conference papers ersa02p236, European Regional Science Association.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Martínez, M. Ángeles, 2012. "Spatial differences in the quality of university patenting: Do regions matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 692-703.
- Thomas Brenner & André Mühlig, 2007. "Factors and Mechanisms Causing the Emergence of Local Industrial Clusters - A Meta-Study of 159 Cases," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2007-23, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Stahlecker, Thomas & Koch, Andreas, 2004. "On the significance of economic structure and regional innovation systems for the foundation of knowledge-intensive business services," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R1/2004, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Tödtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela & Lengauer, Lukas, 2008.
"Towards regional knowledge economics. Routes and policy options,"
266, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Franz Tödtling & Michaela Trippl & Lukas Lengauer, 2008. "Towards Regional Knowledge Economies: Routes and Policy Options," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2008_05, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2009. "What do we know about clusters? In search of effective cluster policies," MPRA Paper 43848, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Thomas Brenner, 2006. "Identification of Local Industrial Clusters in Germany," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 991-1004.
- Ibert, Oliver, 2004. "Projects and firms as discordant complements: organisational learning in the Munich software ecology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1529-1546, December.
- Dariusz Wojcik, 2002. "The La¨nder are the Building Blocks of the German Capital Market," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 877-895.
- Dirk Dohse & Sven-Christian Steude, 2003. "Concentration, Coagglomeration and Spillovers: The Geography of New Market Firms in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa03p230, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsHigh Technology Industries; Munich; Siemens; Germany; Innovative Milieu; Networking;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:33:y:1999:i:4:p:367-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.